PDA

View Full Version : hellppp!!!

pablo22
26-02-12, 21:19
hey guys had a VERY sudden panic attack there! felt like my heart went into spasm for a split second, palms are in floods of sweat! hyperventialing, tingling in my face and tight feeling on the top of my nose! please help im a wreck :(

Beyonderz
26-02-12, 22:31
Hey Pablo, I just had the same on Wednesday. It was so sudden and strong that it felt like I got hit by a truck.
I was just reading some news on internet and then, I felt a strong warmth spreading from my lungs and my heart started beating like it's going to break my chest and smash on the wall. Then I felt totally dizzy and was about to collapse. I had strong panics before but this one really shook me.

That time, I stood up off my chair and started taking deep breath and repeat myself that it's the regular panic, it's nothing real. It took 1 hrs to totally relax. Because my muscles felt like jelly right after.

Repeat to yourself "Its not real. It's just panic. It will pass soon and you will feel OK." Take deep breath and continue until you feel better. Say it loud, say that it's gonna pass. Try to focus on something else.
Hope you feel well soon. It's hard to deal with.

pablo22
26-02-12, 22:57
hey ye thanks! ive definately had a few of those! last panic attack i had like you have just described was in college! took me a day in the college doctors office to clam down.. this one was weirddd though.. it was like split second heart spasm followed by a panic attack but without a racing heart as far as i know... maybe its cause im tired, i was out late last nyt... im also on lexapro .. :s

Breezay
26-02-12, 23:01
I get these from time to time.. Sometimes while I'm just relaxing! What causes them? It's so scary :(

pablo22
26-02-12, 23:28
same i have no ****ing idea... im was thinking AF artial fibrilluation ... but... yo know they only last a second... and ive had an ecg .. .. i really dont know!

Beyonderz
27-02-12, 08:50
There are some triggers but unfortunately it's very hard to know what they are.
Some people manage to catch those triggers, for example if their panics are being triggered by extreme HA, then when they read something related in news or such it can bring panic. I knew one person had panic whenever he heard ambulance siren nearby.

On the other hand some people don't know why it is happening. If one has a chance to talk to a good consultant and try some new techniques to bring the underlying reasons to surface, then it will be easier to relax.

It's important to remind self that it's not really happening when panic comes. It's a game our minds play to us. This way or that way we experience same type of symptoms when panic comes. We know what it is. Take deep breath, it's important. Then when you relax after, you will know those symptoms are temporary.

pablo22
28-02-12, 03:01
thanks! ye i know what you mean, my heart sinks when i see ambulance around my area -- i come to think one of my parents probably had a heart attack or something! ridiculous really.. :s