PDA

View Full Version : coming off diazepam, help?

paulbrassy
26-02-12, 21:44
Hi I am new here dont know where else to turn really I will be brief with my story , I am a male 29 years old that has been using diazepam for about 6, 7 years and been fully addicted for 4 years, I started using this drug recreational and quickly fell in love with its calming effects and the ability to let me live a normal life you see when I was young I was diagnosed with panic/anxiety/ocd/depression you name it all down to a weekend off taking lots of ecstasy pills which resulted in me overdosing and being taking to hospital with serve heart palpitations which then led to a string of further panic attacks at work which forced my to leave and I turned to a life of drink and drugs.

I have been cutting dose of diazapam for about 2 years from a stable dose of 30-40 ml right down to present day and I am on 5ml it has been hard but manageable now I am suffering from quite serve acid reflux which keeps me awake most nights and have lost around 2 and half stone from this illness, I have a very stressful life at the moment and I am beginning to question wether or not I have made the right choice in coming off diazapam as the stress of this is making my acid relux 10xs worse, I am thinking about upping my dose back to 8ml a day at this dose I was not to groggy but relaxed enough to get by, I have no one to talk to, GPs dont listen I just need help my anixiety is through the roof I feel like bursting into tears all the time, I cant eat or have any real vice's due to my acid relux which is just getting worse and worse, I am thinking is it really worth all this stress because when I get off what will it all have been for to live life on a straight head, lifes shit(sorry) at the min and not sure if I want to live life in an awake state, anyone that knows what I am gong through please please help, thanks!

countrygirl
26-02-12, 23:03
Are you coming off diazepam with the help of your GP. It really is a very slow job and the slower and smaller the reduction of dose the better. YOur GP can refer you to mental health team for help in coming off prescription tranquilisers. Acid reflux can be controlled almost perfectly with drugs like omeprazole (proton pump ihibitor) that your GP can prescribe, he may want to send you for a gastroscopy to see what is causing your acid reflux.

There is no need to suffer with acid reflux as its controllable by drug.

paulbrassy
26-02-12, 23:48
I am on 30ml lanzoparazole for my acid reflux and have had every test there is they say its just acid reflux, it keeps me awake 3,4 days out of the week, i cant eat anything and to top it off when i am stressed which is all the time when coming off diazapam it just makes my stomach 100 times worse so my predicament is this IS IT WORTH IT coming off diazapam if its just going to make my stomach much worse, I am mean I hate this drug but whats the point in getting all stressed out I may aswell just up my dose to 8ml from the 5ml I am on now and not be as stressed or even better go back to 10ml, my head is all over at the min and I am convincing myself it is right to take more diazapam which is a classic sign of withdrawl.

countrygirl
27-02-12, 20:48
What does your Dr say about the diazepam dosage??? He is in charge of how you come off it or how much you take unless you are self medicating????