PDA

View Full Version : Mum isnt supporting

Conorm
26-02-12, 21:51
Hello ive had derealization depeersonalization for around 5 months now, its been worst thing ive ever had to go thorugh.. anyway when my mum first started to have bad OCD and anxiety, i didnt know much about it then..

i started to talk to her about all her troubles and then i found out what it was.. so weve been close

but last couple days shes been better, but she hasnt really spoke to me whereas were normally speaking all the time... i just think i bit more talking could be done to help me it feels like she doesnt care, i dont live in a house hold with much support my sister is always annoying me, and my dad has never mentally supported me, which i shouldnt say this but maybe its because im angry at the moment, have a bit of hate in me for him for that, but my mum ive stood by her with her anx and OCD the whole time but it feels like shes better now im here to suffer by myself when i was fine i was there 24 7 to help her.. im just sick of it all, sick of everything :'(..

lee20
26-02-12, 21:59
hi conorm i also suffer with depersonalisation/derealisation so i can fully understand how difficult and terrifying this is for you. the only thing i can suggest regarding your mum is perhaps you should talk with her and tell her you really need her support. take care and remember your not alone when your on this site....

lee :D

Conorm
26-02-12, 22:03
shes always been there for me, its just when she starts to get better, she gets spiteful and kinda leaves me to battle on me own, its horrible to be detached from your feelings while having an arguement, can say some nasty things, but some is how i feel,

lee20
26-02-12, 22:17
shes always been there for me, its just when she starts to get better, she gets spiteful and kinda leaves me to battle on me own, its horrible to be detached from your feelings while having an arguement, can say some nasty things, but some is how i feel,

if you ever need some1 to talk to about anything then feel free to pm me.... i know how horrible it feels to be completely detached and unreal. are you on any meds?

Conorm
26-02-12, 22:23
No mate, to scared at mo to take my setraline, and thanks alot i will do, xx

lee20
26-02-12, 22:37
No mate, to scared at mo to take my setraline, and thanks alot i will do, xx

i have been on sertraline for 5 weeks now and have seen minor improvements but nothing major... i know the fear you have about taking them because when i started they made me feel 100 times worse and i stopped taking them for a while i was terrified. but i managed to sit it out although it was awful..... now im glad to say that i dont even notice ive taken it. :D

Conorm
26-02-12, 22:52
have u mate, how long did it make u worse for, and what kind of improvements u seen?

lee20
26-02-12, 23:06
i took it for 2 days then stopped because i couldnt bear what it was doing to me, then started again 2 days later. the first 3 days were horrible but i kept saying to myself they will eventually make me better, i felt worse for around a week. ive only recently started to see improvements in the last week ive had 3 really good days where i felt more "normal" and not detached. i still get really bad days where the dp/dr is really hard to cope with but its not as often, because i was getting it most days before i started my meds. have you tried to take the sertraline before, how did you feel? also how often do you experience dp/dr?............... that was a long reply lol :roflmao: