PDA

View Full Version : citalopram or just my anxiety

honeyp1e
26-02-12, 22:57
well ive had a bad week or so back to feeling bad i keep getting these mad symptoms ( palpitations / dizzyness / nausea / an a horrible shakey feeling) so i called my doc after having few tests which were all clear they asked my symptoms again & when i told the doctor on the phone she said it could be my tablets (citalopram / propranolol) she said they symptoms am getting sound like anxiety :wacko: and that my tablets are no longer working or something like that and it may be best if i higher the dose ?? i hope thats all these blooming symptoms are as there driving me mad :weep:

am just wonderng can this just be my anxiety / or my meds ??

angel wings
26-02-12, 23:10
could be either im in the same boat im on citalopram and have been getting the shakes alot .....mornings mainly but i did not have this before i started taking them and have also noticed that my skin feels more itchy at times so was not sure wether to up the dose or give it up on 10mg at the mo

honeyp1e
26-02-12, 23:48
Hi thanks for the reply god how r u coping feeling this way :( I just hate the nausea and light headed feeling pretty scared to stand up at times :( god I remember when I was on 10mg the first few weeks god made me feel like hell but stick with them as that does pass and u start feeling much better in yourself I just hope I go docs tomorrow and I just need them upped again as right now I have all kinds running through my head when it cud just b down to my tablets xx

angel wings
27-02-12, 12:28
i did have an awful first few weeks with them felt sick reaching dizzy but think im over the worse but still anxious...hope you managed to get to see a doctor about your symptoms how long have you been on them for ????

stamags
27-02-12, 16:07
hi
have been on 10mg citalopram for 2 weeks, 15 for 1 week and 20mg for four weeks ,thought i was improving slightly but am having an awful day today. Am i just thinking too much about it.

angel wings
27-02-12, 16:17
hopefully it just a blip for you ,but know how you feel think your doing ok and you have a bad day and start worrying again so annoying

stamags
27-02-12, 16:27
oh god i hope so. supposed to be going to zumba tonight but the way i feel at the moment dont know if i will make it.

angel wings
27-02-12, 16:38
oooh never tryed zumba is it any good :)

stamags
27-02-12, 17:08
hi never been before to zumba,first time tonight, but eveyone says its great fun. Might just lift my anxiety.

angel wings
27-02-12, 17:18
well if you go let me know how you get on :)

stamags
27-02-12, 21:17
hi angel wings
well did go to zumba and didnt feel anxious at all until it was time to leave,was great fun but really energetic, managed to last 1 hour 45mins. they say excercise releases feel good chemicals in your brain so here's wishing for that.

angel wings
27-02-12, 21:29
thats great so glad you managed to go and enjoy yourself really should pluck up the courage to get out and do something different dont know if i could last that long though lol :)

stamags
27-02-12, 22:04
went to zumba with cousin and friend,and it certainly kept my mind of myself,well will see what tommorrow brings,thinking of going back to doc saying cit is not working but might give it another week or so, by then I will have been on 20mg for 5 weeks.

ewood79
27-02-12, 23:08
Give It time guys! Things will improve! X

angel wings
27-02-12, 23:10
hoping so..... will hang on in there :)

honeyp1e
28-02-12, 02:51
Sorry haven't been back on here to reply to u, I've been busy kids running me wild lol...
I've been on my citalopram about a year now so glad I stuck to them cos I did get some great days then id get a bad blip and think of giving up on the meds but I stuck with them and am doing a lot better :)
Oh I got a docs appointment. Angel wings for these sysmptoms I keep getting anyway they said its not my meds or anythin and it sounds like my thyroids so I had a blood test this morning for thyroid and also to check my iron levels so shud have my results hopefully wed afternoon :) will let u no xx

---------- Post added at 02:51 ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 ----------

Sorry haven't been back on here to reply to u, I've been busy kids running me wild lol...
I've been on my citalopram about a year now so glad I stuck to them cos I did get some great days then id get a bad blip and think of giving up on the meds but I stuck with them and am doing a lot better :)
Oh I got a docs appointment. Angel wings for these sysmptoms I keep getting anyway they said its not my meds or anythin and it sounds like my thyroids so I had a blood test this morning for thyroid and also to check my iron levels so shud have my results hopefully wed afternoon :) will let u no xx

angel wings
28-02-12, 13:09
hi honeypie
glad the docs appointment went ok and you got some bloods done always best to check keep me posted xxx