PDA

View Full Version : Beer

Jay72
27-02-12, 08:33
Does anyone drink beer as an excuse to 'get away'? How does it affect your life. I'm thinking I can handle it but hey, it's 07:30am and I have been drinking since 12 noon yesterday, clearly I can't.

But here's the thing. I can now go weeks without touchning a drop, but then, once I have a pint, that's it, I will drink until I can't drink any longer.

What's wrong with me? Any insight would be great.

Rain
27-02-12, 09:01
Drinking all day and all night until you can drink no more is a sign that you have lost the ability to control how much you drink. I'm afraid it doesn't take long to develop a problem with alcohol. Before you know it, it has you in its grip. This is because it is a very addictive substance. You don't have to be drinking every day to be someone who has developed a problem. Maybe this is Life's way of telling you that alcohol isn't for you. It is possible to damage your body with binges like this-and there is also the risk of accidents. Try stopping for a few months, if only to prove to yourself that you can.

paula lynne
27-02-12, 11:49
I used to do this with vodka, and because I didnt drink everyday (twice a week), I didnt admit I had a problem for years....but I did, my self-control went out of the window, I was forgetting things, and it nearly ruined my family life. Seek help. There are groups out there (not always AA) who can help, and as for today well....drink some water and get yourself to bed, your body and brain need to rest now. I think you already know this isnt normal behaviour, hence your post. Resolve to do something about it when you wake up, take back control. Wish you well.