PDA

View Full Version : Drunk on Saturday, feel rotten since

becksi2006
27-02-12, 07:49
Well hello all,
I am currently suffering with anxiety and depression and on citalopram, promazine and diazepam when required, the problem I have is I went out on saturday afternoon and had about 6 glasses of wine (i dont normally drink), well I got absolutely drunk so quickly and dont remember much.
I think I got a taxi home around 9pm but when I got in I was throwing up so much, i had to phone my dad to come round and help me, i honestly thought I was dying!!
My dad took me to A&E where they said the wine and the meds had irritated my stomach and caused me to vomit blood, I just feel awful, I was really drunk in the hospital and probably made a fool of myself. I also dont know what happened while I was out but I'm really worried I made a fool of myself and feel really ashamed about it!!
Since then I dont want to leave the house incase I see somebody who saw me on saturday, I feel so stupid!!
I also have an appointment with my GP this morning but I'm worried about seeing him incase he says its all my own fault and wont be interested because I was so drunk, but that isn't me I dont drink normally, feel such an idiot.
I remember rambling in the hospital saying I needed to be locked up coz I was mentally unwell and they must've thought I was a right state.
So embarrassed and feeling really anxious about it all, what am I gonna do??
Sorry for the long post and I know it sounds silly coz it was all drink induced but I feel so stupid now :weep:

LAURA48
27-02-12, 07:59
Hi Hayley - you daft thing! shouldn't drink at all really on antidepressants but anyway lecture over! I would not feel embarassed about Saturday - they see things all the time - at A & E - you've now learned your lesson - the hard way! As regards your GP would not worry - again just one of those things - you will soon start to feel better - just stick with boring orange juice! Speak to you soon Laura x

ps feeling crap - stopped Prozac as of last night - hopefully will get an appoint with GP today or tomorrow.

becksi2006
27-02-12, 08:03
Hiya Laura, I'm just an idiot! feel silly and cant stop beating myself up about it, wondering if everybody was talking about me, i must've looked ridiculous :ohmy:

Sorry to hear you're not feeling too good, hope you manage to be seen soon, was the prozac making you feel worse? xx

Rain
27-02-12, 08:06
We've all been there once! Forgive yourself. You've learned your lesson and probably won't be doing anything like that in a hurry. Try not to obsess over it. We all make mistakes-it's part of learning how to live life.

Jamesk
27-02-12, 08:36
We've all been there once! Forgive yourself. You've learned your lesson and probably won't be doing anything like that in a hurry. Try not to obsess over it. We all make mistakes-it's part of learning how to live life.

Yes exactly what Rain said, plus also remember you are probably feeling down as a result of the chemical effect of the alcohol. Certainly for me "non-specific anxiety" (i.e. "What did I do, are people lauhghing at me, did I make a fool of myself") were always very strong after-effects of a boozy day.

nicola1980
27-02-12, 08:48
Ive been there done that and got the t shirt :blush: i remember last year going out and getting absoutley hammered on sambuka shots and god knows what else, i can't remember a thing about the night and even woke up lying in my own sick in the morning :blush: i felt so ill for about a week after and too this day i have the odd drink but ive def learnt my lesson, i shouldn't worry about it, you won't be the first and you def won't be the last xx

LAURA48
27-02-12, 09:07
Hiya Laura, I'm just an idiot! feel silly and cant stop beating myself up about it, wondering if everybody was talking about me, i must've looked ridiculous :ohmy:

Sorry to hear you're not feeling too good, hope you manage to be seen soon, was the prozac making you feel worse? xx

Hi Hayley - yes managed to get an appoint tomorrow - with the Dr I always see!

sickandtired
27-02-12, 09:41
hey try not to beat yourself up about it......Ive done so many embarrassing things whilst drunk....I could write a book......! like you say,you dont normally drink,and for me personally ,wine is too strong...I get the most horrific hangovers from it...and southern comfort,pernod,gin ....lmao
you werent to know the quick reaction with your meds...perhaps have wine and soda next time x

Hayley1982
27-02-12, 09:47
Hi Hun
Don't feel embarrassed or ashamed. We've all done it at some point. After my birthday night I felt exactly the same as u feel, I was sick allover myself in the middle of a club. I to felt so ashamed and was anxious for a few days. It put me off going out to. I'm here if u need a chat x big hugs x

becksi2006
27-02-12, 10:59
Thanks so much guys, just cant shake the feelings off! I have defo learned my lesson and will never be drinking again!! I live in a small village where everyone knows everyone else and I think people are all talking about me, the anxiety is probably making myself feel even worse than I normally do! Its awful xx