PDA

View Full Version : 1 + blood in my urine almost every time im tested

pearl79
27-02-12, 12:35
am so scared, something else to worry about, for 9 months ive had blood in my wee, told it was due to stones, but have no stones currently but still + of blood. gp gonna write to urologist and see what they think, he wasnt overly concerned cuz i had renal ct scan in januray. But that doesnt help me does it...... i have pain/ aches in my back a pelvis and blood in my wee......... well that only eans one thing doesnt it!!! :(:weep:

bronte
27-02-12, 13:49
actually no because thats what i thought ive had blood in my wee for 11 months ive had every test going and they still cant find a cause can you see the blood or is it just on the dipstick because ive had visible and non visible x

pearl79
27-02-12, 13:58
no cant see it, its always just one plus of blood on a dip stick, also had it sent away

Breezay
27-02-12, 14:17
I've had the same thing, blood has shown up in my urine samples. Nothing really to worry about. I've only had it tested when I've had urine infections so I don't know if it's related to that for me. Do you have any other symptoms? The aches could be caused by something completely unrelated.. For example, sometimes when I'm tired, I walk a little differently than normal - it's not normally detectable, but I do end up getting pains in my lower back and hips because of it. Also sleeping awkwardly or on an uncomfortable matress could cause the pain as well.

Honestly, if it were cancer and you'd had it for 6 months untreated, you'd have more symptoms and they'd have gotten worse. I don't think you need to worry about it being that x Try to relax a little, do something you enjoy to take your mind off it xx

pearl79
27-02-12, 14:20
thanks breezay :bighug1:

countrygirl
27-02-12, 20:46
I have had positive dipstick tests for blood in wee since I was 20 and am now 50 so it does not have to mean anything. I have had every test and even a few months ago had a camera in bladder as this was only test I had not had done! Some people are born with big filters on their kidneys and excrete occult blood all the time and I am one of them. This is of no consequence until they invented those dratted dipstick tests!

pearl79
27-02-12, 21:08
I hope its nothing... doc says ill have to have a camera.. hope that's not too unpleasant not that it matters cuz it will be worth it. I wish I didn't have the weird right sided pain also... its so worrying. I've recently had full bloods inc inflammation. and real ct scanin Jan. so hopefully anything bad would have shown up... I'm so nervous its hard to concentrate :-( thanks countryside I appreciate your reply xxxx

---------- Post added at 21:08 ---------- Previous post was at 21:06 ----------

countygirl how much blood shows up on a dipstick when ur urine is tested xxxx

countrygirl
27-02-12, 22:28
Alot more than you! I get the plus 4 on dipstick. If I know I have to give a sample I will drink loads so that my sample is very diluted and this can give me a clear result but usually I get dropped on for a sample and this is how I ended up having the camera. 25 years ago I had had tests because of my occult blood - I had IVpyelogram and this showed kidneys and bladder was fine and this was when I was told about leaky kidneys. Every time I have ever been in a & e the water sample is a red herring even when I explain my history. I moved house and changed Drs and managed to avoid the new patient nurse appt with sample but the Dr got me instead when I wasn't expecting it and of course i tested positive. When they found out I had never had cystosocpy they advised me to have one so that everything was covered so I did.
It was nowhere near as bad as I was expecting. The put numbing gel up your urethra before camera and I had been told on here that as they insert the camera to push down as if you are weeing and it worked no pain at all. It was over with in minutes and all was well.
It was painful to wee for 24 hrs afterwards and I drank lots to flush out any possible bacteria and did not develop any infection.