PDA

View Full Version : Need some support

weaner
23-06-06, 09:16
I've just moved to France and everything has gone wrong house is not finished and we're living in a gite out of boxes - I'm so far outside my comfort zone I can't manage. I have a great husband and son and need to be strong for them. I can't understand how my husband is coping - why doesn't he feel like me - as I've suffered for so long it just seems the normal way to react to stress to me. I've come back to the UK for a week on my own for work so I'm far from my family, living alone and feeling really scared. Just need some words of reassurance really. I don't want to keep bothering my husband with any more stress.

Daisybun
23-06-06, 09:39
You've been through a lot and so it is only natural that you feel stressed. Just take some time to relax, try and think of the positive things about living in France, look beyond what is happening now and visualise your home when it is finished, how beautiful it will be etc. A week is not a long time, just take one day at a time, try and treat yourself too.

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

weaner
23-06-06, 09:43
Thanks so much - I've just read through some of Trev's posts on the Cure posting - and laughed for the first time for a while. I know it's weird but it feels good not to be alone with this condition. I think a massge tomorrow is in order. I'm sitting here crying with a sense of relief at the moment - thanks again.

hayles
23-06-06, 09:45
Weaner.

Wow massive steps, and you are doing a grand job of coping by the sounds of things, even though you feel like poop in side. Moving away from comfort zones and then travelling for work and being away from family....well i think that makes you a super star.

Have faith in yourself as we all are....a lot stronger then we think.

Hope the house comes along soon xxxx

Hay x

chucklehound
23-06-06, 09:52
I agree, although you don't feel it, I think you are coping really well. I couldn't imagine what moving out of my comfort zone would be like.
Hope you begin to feel more settled soon hun:D

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

marie ross
23-06-06, 09:53
Weaner,

No wonder you feel so stressed, moving to another country and living out of boxes (everyone i know, who has moved house says thats the worst thing they had to cope with).

You'll get there soon, and before you know it you and your husband and son will be living in a beautiful house in france (jammy git!!!)

Go for that massage, spoil yourself, you deserve it.

Take care.

Marie XXX

polly daydream
23-06-06, 13:00
Hi Weaner and welcome, I'm sure once you settle down you will have a lovely life in France.

Good luck,

Polly

PUGLETMUM
23-06-06, 15:03
HI WEANER, YOU WILL GET THERE AND BEING ABLE TO TALK TO OTHER PEOPLE I THINK WILL DEFINATELY HELP, AS TALKING TO YOUR HUSBAND MAY ONLY MAKE YOU FEEL WORSE, WITH THE GUILT YOU FEEL FOR BOTHERING HIM ETC. BUT YOU ARE ENTITLED TO BE FED-UP IT IS A MASSIVE STEP FOR ANYONE TO TAKE AND I KNOW IT'S NO REAL CONSOLATION BECAUSE EVERY BODY'S SITUATION IS BAD TO THEM, LOOK AT IT THIS WAY SOME OF US ON HERE DON'T FEEL ABLE TO GO VERY FAR FROM OUR HOMES, SO IN THAT RESPECT YOU ARE VERY MUCH COPING! ALL THE BEST AND KEEP CHATTING EMMAS

Keitharcher
23-06-06, 20:03
hi Weaner

Welcome to NMP, wow what an adventure, a new country, a new life, who cares about comfort zones just look around at all the amazing sites and new things for you to make your life more intersting. I can understand you feeling wobbly, try turning that wobblines into wonderment as you plan your new life together with your husband and son. As for the house not being ready yet, just look at has that when the workmen finish a job you are one step nearer to moving into your new home. I hope you get over this bad feeling soon

Keith

Meg
23-06-06, 21:44
I'm sure anyone in your posution would be feeling a combination of stessed, upset, cross, unsettled.
We all show it and deal with it in different ways and if anxiety has been your thing in the past then its habit for it to click in. Your husband will have his own ways and may well be putting on a brave face to protect you.

Hope it works out soon

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

proactiveness, positivity, persistence, perseverance and practice = progress

weaner
23-06-06, 23:08
Thanks everyone - evenings are always better than mornings. My husband isn't just putting a brave face on he's a brave man thank goodness. I feel a lot better with your kind words. The biggest fear I always have is letting everyone down, failing and losing everything. I know I'm not alone and it really helps. Thank you again.