PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myself

calms
27-02-12, 13:54
Hi my names is calms and I have been suffering from anxiety and depression for 6 months now, it has probably been longer but things came to a head. I am on Prozac 20mgs which seems to be helping but I am back to the doctors soon as I feel I need to increase my dose. I look forward to being part of the community and hope I can help and support others and hopefully get the support I need from those who understand:)

diane07
27-02-12, 13:56
Hi calms

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Andrian1
27-02-12, 14:02
Hi calms

I've suffered from GAD all my life and am also bi-polar. I am looking to make some friends and offer and receive support.

calms
27-02-12, 14:23
Hi Andrian1 Thanks for introducing yourself. I am ever so sorry but I have never heard of GAD but sorry none-the-less that you are a sufferer. I only came across this site while looking for information about depression and decided to join up. It is hard explaining to others how it feels being depressed and anxious. I hope you are doing ok at the moment.:)

paula lynne
27-02-12, 15:01
Welcome to the both of you, glad to have you on board. :welcome:

Andrian1
27-02-12, 15:30
Hi calms. GAD is Generalised Anxiety Disorder. It's basically worrying all the time about everything! I'm currently starting a new medication, but am seriously concerned about the side effects and haven't really had good results.

I understand well what it is like to be depressed and anxious. Hopefully the Prozac is working for you.

calms
27-02-12, 15:42
Hi Andrian1, Thanks for getting back to me so soon explaining what GAD is. I am so sorry you have this as well as bi-polar.

At first the Prozac seemed to be working ok but then I have noticed more recently that I become very anxious at times. I know I can up my dose as I am on a relatively low one and I am going to see my doctor soon.

I know what you mean about side effects and it is concerning when you first go on new medication but I really hope they suit you and help.:)

Andrian1
27-02-12, 15:48
Hi calms

It might be worth your while chatting to your doctor about medication specially for anxiety. There are quite a few out there that may relieve your symptoms, while the Prozac helps with the depression.

RebeccaFrith
27-02-12, 17:32
Hiya Calms, I Suffer from anxiety have done for the past 3years, hope to talk soon :)

calms
28-02-12, 00:26
Hi RebeccaFrith, Sorry to hear that you suffer from anxiety and sorry that i missed you, hope to talk soon :)

---------- Post added at 00:26 ---------- Previous post was at 00:18 ----------

Hi Andrian 1, Thanks for your advice, hope to speak to you again soon :)

Pipkin
28-02-12, 08:55
Hi Calms and :welcome:

I'm sure you'll find lots of support on here from people who really understand. I know your experiences will help others too.

Pip

calms
28-02-12, 10:46
Hi Pip,
thank you for the welcome. I am pleased to have joined this forum and look forward to chatting some time. Hope you are as well as can be.:)

calms
29-02-12, 11:13
Welcome to the forum to both of you.

Kind regards

Elad

Thank you Elad:yesyes:

---------- Post added at 11:13 ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 ----------

Welcome to the both of you, glad to have you on board. :welcome:

Thank you for your welcome Paula lynne. I love your butterfly of freedom and it's meaning.:)