PDA

View Full Version : Lack of appetite on Citalopram

nagiko
27-02-12, 15:41
Hi all,

I started Citalopram ten days ago after a series of anxiety attacks that took away my appetite and ability to sleep. After I had been on for a few days, I seemed to find I was able to sleep again (although often I have the feeling that I could sleep forever, which is better than sleeplessness I guess) but the eating seems to come and go. I'm finding my state of mind seems to affect the appetite thing, but I also see that Citalopram can affect it too. Has anyone here lost their appetite while taking it, and if so, would you mind sharing your advice/experience? I'm still eating but it sucks forcing myself through meals. I used to love to eat :weep:

angel wings
27-02-12, 15:58
I Completly lost my appetite and lost a stone in weight in the first few weeks but thankfully it does come back ive been on them for 4.5 weeks now and can eat a bit better , but still have days where i dont feel like eating ....i never was a big eater in the first place though do have to force myself sometimes and try to eat little and oftern :)

nicola1980
27-02-12, 16:26
When i started on cit i lost 2 stone, i had zero appetite, food used to make me gag! But it does pass in time, im now off cit and on another AD that increases your appetite! X x

angel wings
27-02-12, 16:46
blimey nicola 2 stone thought i was bad..... would love to say i really fancy something nice to eat today hopefully it will come !!!:yesyes:

nagiko
27-02-12, 17:45
Thanks to you both, it helps to understand what others are going through! I had some loss of appetite due to depression and stress right before going on, but they seemed to be some sort of intense fear episodes. I did not realize I was suffering depression...I thought it was just anxiety.

I'll keep hanging in there and hoping to see my old appetite come back :yesyes:

nicola1980
27-02-12, 19:00
blimey nicola 2 stone thought i was bad..... would love to say i really fancy something nice to eat today hopefully it will come !!!:yesyes:

I know i looked awful, everybody kept commenting how ill i looked and i was only a size 10 to start with so you can imagine how bad i looked! Ive put a stone back on so far x x

angel wings
27-02-12, 19:07
same im about 7st 6 at the moment so dont really want to lose any more always comes of on the places you dont want it too !!!!

fuzzy head
27-02-12, 19:38
I had a problem eating b4 I went on Cit (used to purposely starve myself) and went to 7 and a bit stone. Went on other meds and eventually Mirtazapine. Wow, I eat now and at first I slept really well.