PDA

View Full Version : hi..

asear85
27-02-12, 16:02
hi im new to this type of thing so a bit scared.. lol.. i have been suffering with panic disorder for nearly a year now a few months after having my second child... all because of one panic attack in may led to me becoming agorophobic..a few months it took for me 2 push myself to go out the door.. eventually i did it, although not alone.. then came the time where i had 2 start goin alone again and i did.. but last week i felt weak.. and bang anxiety strikes again big.. im a lil scared 2 go out but am gonna have to soon as my partner and mum are gettin frustrated with me which is quite upsetting but hey.. so any advice would be great...
didnt intend to write that much but thats a quick version of my journey so far..:yesyes:

diane07
27-02-12, 16:03
Hi asear85

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Pandaa
27-02-12, 16:43
Hello and welcome! :D

RebeccaFrith
27-02-12, 17:30
Welcome! I suffer with panic attacks, have done for 3Years now!
Hope to speak soon.. :):D

Day-V Anne
27-02-12, 18:10
Hello!
You are NOT alone. I have had the same problem, where I would rather lie in bed and sleep the time away. I have trouble driving. I have found that avoiding situations make it so much worse. It is crippling. It doesn't have to be. I started with panic attacks at age 16, now 35, and what helped for me is meds, therapy, and reading to learn how to cope and talking with others who have the same problem. Knowing you aren't alone helps soooo much! Write anytime. I will help all I can. :)

Davee :hugs:

asear85
28-02-12, 13:10
hey thanks.. i really havnt gt to grips with this forum stuff yet lol... i have to go and collect my son from school 2day so feeling a bit nervous.. its the gettin out thats the hardest once im out im ok...xxx

ShazyA
29-02-12, 13:43
hi asear85 I am also new to this and a little lost and overwhelmed by it all right now. I also cannot go out alone and havent done for 2 years. so as you are at least venturing out alone, you are a step ahead of me, I am trying to set myself small goals at the moment like getting to the bottom of the street alone, getting through the front door is the harderst bit. so well done on your achievement.