PDA

View Full Version : Spoke to a doctor about lymph nodes and...

MaryMac
27-02-12, 21:37
Hi everyone. I was at my friend's house earlier today and his landlord turned up, who he is also good friends with. I was talking to him and he told me he was a doctor so I ended up pratically shouting my fears of lymphoma/leukemia at him! He asked me why I was worried about it and I told him that basically I've spent the last 3 months on google constantly. I've had a fear of going to the doctor incase they tell me I actually have it. He told me that lymphoma is very uncommon in my age and I would feel different but I told him my anxiety is making me unsure about how I actually feel. I then asked him to feel my lymph nodes, and my heart was racing as he did this. He said he could feel a slight one on the side of my neck, but it was very deep and barely palpable. Of course I started to panic even ore and he said that it's good to know I've got an immune system! I asked him if it was anything to worry about and he said almost certainly not, it may not even be a lymph node, just some tissue. I then asked if it was worth getting a biopsy on it and he said no, it's too small for a doctor to biopsy. He checked it again before he left and he said he couldn't really feel it at all.
I now keep checking my neck, and I have to say I can't really feel anything but I'm now thinking "what if?!" ARGH!!