PDA

View Full Version : IS THIS NORMAL

victoria
06-05-04, 22:57
Hi all

I used to get panic attacks, at the moment i am suffering anxiety. Does anyone get paranoid when they are a little ill that it is was then what it is, I am a nightmare at the moment i have got a sore throat and i am scared it is going to close up or that i won't be able to breath at least it takes my mind of worring about my heart is this normal.

Love Victoria x

Meg
06-05-04, 23:14
Often people mistake symptoms of infection heat and fast heart for a reoccurence of panic.

Or anxious people then get over cautious about every little thing that goes on with them and jump to the worst conclusions immediately.

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone

sadie
07-05-04, 22:28
Hi Victoria,

Your not alone, I feel like you too....one minute Im worrying about my heart and the next its my head etc...

Our brains are programmed into every symptom/sensation our body has and it automatically thinks its a threat. The best thing to do is everytime you get a symptom, say to yourself ' have I had this symptom before and It did it pass before?'. If the answer is yes then dont think about and it will pass. If the answer is no and the symptom is really painful and doesn't pass, then speak to your GP but I bet you never need to!

Hope this helps.

sadie

april tones
07-05-04, 23:44
i used to be like that, hey i cant believe i just said i used to!i used to panic at every symptom, look on net and read med books to find out what it was, i even thought i had the avian flu once, chicken flu. That was my fear, i couldnt watch news or i would have big panic attacks, and im so much better now, that was only month and half ago. I am able to watch news and read papers again, so if i can do it, you can. Be strong, dont let it beat you and it will get bored and stop happening, i know that sounds silly but i think true, love april

apriltones

victoria
10-05-04, 08:20
Thanks

everyone for your replies, it's nice to hear some answers, I feel like i know that already but when someone else tells you it sounds more convincing. I am going to beat this little bugger inside my brain.:)

stimpy
11-05-04, 09:31
Yes, perfectly normal.
We've all done it, and some of us still do.

I can't watch the Anti-smoking ads on tv as they set me off on one.

Good luck Vic, give Mr Panic a good thump from me!

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'