PDA

View Full Version : Development of my heart anxiety

Whaletail
27-02-12, 22:13
Hey there, you may have seen my older post about this.

Basically, I am 18, male, the picture of health in terms of diet and weight and family history (how I wish I could convince myself of that!) but I have got into a situation where I worry sometimes obsessively about my heart. It has developed and evolved since I first started worrying, and I have developed some new symptoms, and lost others.

Anyway, I do some pretty weird things:

- I am sometimes afraid to raise my heartbeat at all. I exercise every other evening and I am on my feet during the day, but sometimes when it comes to exercising I am scared of doing it. Sometimes I will be running and I will be constantly checking my heartbeat, and I am terrified that it will suddenly start going irregular or that I will suddenly feel a dreaded pain in my chest or arm. Of course, most of the time I will start to feel these things as a symptom of anxiety.

- I sometimes feel really bad for eating something unhealthy like a pizza or piece of cake - this is not a serious thing and I will quite happily eat them (:D) but if I do anything unhealthy it bugs me.

- Basically, I am scared that I am constantly on the edge of disaster and that if I put myself in strenuous situations, I will go overboard.

Just thought I'd put that out there again, and see what people think :)

pablo22
28-02-12, 02:57
i hear ya mate! my HA is completely heart centered for a longg time now~! ts awful... i dont know what sensation is what, i walk a lot but would rarely run and am terrifeid of joggin incase i drop dead! i get all sorts of sensations and it does my head in :( im on lexapro 15mg.. which feels a little i think lol (its an SSRI)