PDA

View Full Version : Slipping back into depression again :(

miniholly
28-02-12, 01:56
Hi everyone,
I'm 18 and I was prescribed Citalopram at around the beginning of January after a very very very bad spell of depression and anxiety, I was feeling very suicidal and panicky and decided I needed help so my doctor prescribed me this. I'm on 20mg which I'm going to guess is the starting dose and it was going so well until the past week and a half or so, I feel like lately I'm slipping back into my depression slowly, nearly all last week I cried myself to sleep. I don't even know why, I've recently got accepted at college to study make-up which is something I've always wanted to do and I should be happy right?
I also have an amazing boyfriend but my relationship OCD is creeping back in slowly and its very distressing but I know I love my boyfriend and I feel its the only thing keeping me going lately.
I just feel so sad all of the time like theres always a cloud over my head even when I get good news, I've tried to tell my Mum this but shes so busy with work shes too tired to grasp onto it even though she suffers with OCD and depression herself.
Granted these past couple of weeks have been difficult, I've had a lot of work to finish off at my training centre, me and my mum almost got kicked out of our house and my Mums so work orientated lately I feel shes spending too much time with work and she brings her work home with her now too so its hard to have a conversation :\
My question is would it be okay to up my dose? I just feel like 20mg is not enough for me at the minute and I want to nip it in the bud now so it doesn't escalate. Thank youxo

lee20
28-02-12, 02:18
only you know how you feel and if you think the meds need to be increased then your probably right. hope things work out well.... take care

lee

stuboyz
28-02-12, 11:53
my dr put me on 40mg

was better that 20mg