PDA

View Full Version : Chest and medication

Hck80
28-02-12, 10:04
Hi, for the past week or so I keep getting chest pain on and off and burping lots, it's generally in the middle of cheat but sometimes up near my shoulderI haven't been to the Drs yet basically because I'm too scared too : (

My other thing is medication, my HA seems to be at its worst lately even after having CBT so I keep thinking about medication but I'm scared of the side effects, I rarely even take things like painkillers

Any advise would be appreciated

---------- Post added at 10:04 ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 ----------

Anybody?

Breezay
28-02-12, 11:46
You sound like me! I get wicked acid reflux, which can cause pain in the centre of your chest and burping eases it. Gaviscon really eases it for me, see if that helps :)

I wish I could give you some advice with the medications.. I need to go onto something to ease my anxiety but I daren't! If you start off on a small dose and gradually increase then side effects will be minimal. They might make you a little sleepy. Citalopram and other SSRIs tend to be well accepted by most people. I'd recommend having a chat with your GP and see what they think would be best for you x