PDA

View Full Version : Daily Headache

turnthelighton
28-02-12, 08:41
Is really getting me down, nearly three weeks. Comes and goes but mostly stays. Its like someone is sitting on my head, or pain accross my forehead. Doc says it is stress/anxiety etc but nothing seems to touch it. Any advice please? Thanks

miss sparkle
28-02-12, 08:55
Have you tried the nurofen tension headache tablets. They are quite good. If your anything like me , when you haven't got one, you think about having one then, hey presto, hello headache! x

jade1978
28-02-12, 09:22
When I was having a daily headache the doctor put me on 10mg Amitriptyline, one a night, it did the trick. Might be worth asking about. They are an anti depressant in larger doses, but at small doses they are used for pain like chronic headaches etc.

And just to add, make sure you are keeping yourself hydrated, and also try not to focus on it too much. Take care

nomorepanic
28-02-12, 09:25
try simple things like drinking more water - that may help

turnthelighton
28-02-12, 11:20
Thanks for your replies. I am trying to drink the 2 litres of water today and I have the gym tonight. My headache always dissapears when I am in the gym lol

turnthelighton
29-02-12, 11:34
Headache kicked in around 11am, so I suppose that is an improvement. Have strange sensations again on the side of the face and lips. Not had them for a couple of days.

Off to drink water :wacko: