PDA

View Full Version : introducing myself

stormyok10
28-02-12, 08:51
Hi All,

Am new to this forum. I am a 59year old grandma of 3 adorable children.
Over the last 20 months I have started having firstly Panic attacks, then now I am suffering Anxiety which is limiting what I do in my life. I have tried meds which dont seem to help any , so now trying to overcome it without any, but it is a struggle, can anyone offer any suggestions?

nomorepanic
28-02-12, 08:52
Hi stormyok10

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Pipkin
28-02-12, 09:03
Hi Stormy and :welcome:

I know you'll find lots of people on here to share your experiences with - we're a friendly bunch.

I'm sure you have already, but a good starting point is to look through some old threads and see how much you have in common with so many people.

Take care

Pip x

stormyok10
28-02-12, 09:22
Hi Pipkin,

Thank you for your prompt reply, so nice to realize that people are ready to help. Not to sure how to look back on old threads can you guide me through,would appreciate it.
thanks again

Pipkin
28-02-12, 09:27
Hi Stormy,

You can either click on Forum at the top and browse by subject or use the search link for words which you want to look up.

Hope that helps

Pip x

stormyok10
28-02-12, 10:50
Hi Pip,
Thank you so much, will give it a try when I get home from work, hope all is well with you. Do you work or are a student? x

Pipkin
28-02-12, 12:38
Hi Stormy,

I work and am just on my lunch break. Gone for a walk which always makes me feel calmer - just having to type this post on my phone so apologies for it being short.

Take care

Pip x

stormyok10
28-02-12, 18:19
Hi Pip,
Hope you had a good day at work. I have had a bit of a bad day so when I finished work I went to the Gym for a couple of hours, helps keep my mind off the nausea & empty feeling I get.
Am thinking I might go back on 15mg of mirtazapine to help with my sleep & help calm me down. Are you on any medication & does it help, you read so many stories of it not doing any good, but others that say they can't live without it, I get mixed feelings. Am going to try & look back on some old threads tonight. Have a good night x