PDA

View Full Version : help - feeling frightened

hayles
23-06-06, 12:55
All week i have felt[V] like a lot of pressure in my head
like its going to pop, or i need to drill a whole to realease pressure, Or i need to crack my neck or something!

I also feel a little dizzy.

This is firghtening me and i thought it would ease off but it seems to be staying, not getting worse just remaining.

Also now i keep feeling little twinges of pins and needles in my face.

SHould i be worried??????

Please help[V]

Hay x

lass
23-06-06, 13:09
I'm no expert but it sound like it could be back/neck tension causing it.

A while ago I had something that sounds similar, and I was at work (at a private hospital). One of the orthopedic consultants said he could fix it and he manipulated my back (it creaked and cracked like mad) - and the headache and associated symptoms went instantly. It was weird as it was quite low down in my back (around the bra strap line) which is the thoracic vertebrae.

If it continues, maybe you could consult an osteopath or something? Or even just getting someone to massage your back and neck might help.

I hope it passes soon.

Best wishes,
Caroline

polly daydream
23-06-06, 13:10
Hi hayles, I wouldn't worry to much as that will only make the pressure feel worse. I suffer alot with this, it is frightning but usually harmless, can be part of the lovely anxiety, I even saw a Neurologist about it and he just made me feel like a stupid little girl!
Are you getting headaches at all with it, or just pressure? Obviously if your symtoms persist , go see your doc but I'm sure it is all fine.

Best wishes

Polly

hayles
23-06-06, 13:47
Thanks for your advise girls, it really helps.
I dont get headaches, i get pressure and also what i call Head Pains, hard to descibe but like twinges, not agony or anything but annoying and alarming. I have been having this since Dec last year on and off. I have been fine for a good few months but they are back with a vengence at the mo......

Hay x

Craig80
23-06-06, 14:50
I have twinges in my head too. they do cause worry, but iv had them for ages and im fine.

Do you wear glasses or lenses at all? ensure that your eyesight is good, and that you have the correct prescription.

I had major pressure and headaches for a year due to this. I lived with it, but eventually had some new lenses and was transformed!!!!!

New to this place, so a big HELLO to everyone!

hayles
23-06-06, 15:16
My glasses are fine and have been checked.
and i am going for a contact lense test tomorrow so they will prob will look into my eyes and find all sorts of monsters!!!!!

Just sometimes feel like i am loosing my mind!

Hay x

polly daydream
23-06-06, 15:29
We all feel like that Hayles, but rest assured you are not going mad.

Best wishes,

Polly

chucklehound
23-06-06, 15:57
Hi Hayles, I get the same kind of pressure daily and like Polly said, by worrying we only make the pressure worse.

Hope you feel better soon[^]

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

angie3077
23-06-06, 16:31
Hi Hayles,

I don't think you should be worried as this sounds much like Sinusitis which can be very painful and uncomfortable at times but easily treated, go see you GP or chemist and I am sure they can suggest some things to ease it, if that is what it is??? I am no Doctor afterall...lol. Hope you are feeling better now ?

Angie x

hayles
23-06-06, 16:50
Thanks for your reassurances.
Had a funny day today.
Usually can deal with these things....have done all week,
but today it just got to me and all i wanted to do was run away and hide!!!!

Hay x

xoxbabygalxox
23-06-06, 17:23
hi hayles!
i used 2 have tis problem also and found out it was my sinuses.
if i started 2 feel a pressure or twinge i took a sudafed and that seemed to clear up the problem!
hpe ya feel betta
xxx