PDA

View Full Version : need inspiration

CameronG
28-02-12, 13:05
Hi guys, like a lot of you im stick with our little friend called anxiety, i need some inspiration - as with alot of people, home is my safe place - all my pals are off to amsterdam in 2 weeks time & i wont go because of my anxiety which i know seems stupid, i went last year & was fine, although i was drunk from the moment i got on the boat til i got off it lol

i've only been getting help with my anxiety for just shy of 4 weeks, im on 20mg of citalopram as of yesterday, i started off on 10mg.

i just need inspiration to give me the kick to go as i dont want to miss out, yet i dont want to worsen things.. xx

pearl79
28-02-12, 13:07
how long have you had anxiety, is it HA? or just general? What kind of things do you worry about? xxxxx

CameronG
28-02-12, 13:09
been a while, its loads of forms lol

i worry about my heart rate, passing out, hate crowded places i.e shopping etc - its recently became worse where i dont like to venture too far from home, meaning so im within in a short driving distance etc.

u? xx

Rach29
28-02-12, 15:48
i think you should go if you dont you will regret it because then you will let your health anxiety win if you go u might come back with more confidence in the fact that you went had a good time and got through it nothing bad happened dont let it win try to think positive and enjoy yourself x

Melon1
28-02-12, 16:55
I agree... I think you should go... quite often with my HA I think 'Oh I just cant face doing anything tonight' and when I do, I have a great time and forget about my issues for a while.

That is when you realise it is HA as you no longer feel the symptoms for a short time, while you are enjoying yourself!!

Enjoy the weekend and submerse yourself into Amsterdam and your friends... Stay out of the cafes though. Smoking the weed is no way good for your anxiety.

Really hope you find the strength to go. Wish I was going :yesyes: