PDA

View Full Version : Ringing in ear and strange head feeling!

pinkdante
28-02-12, 14:09
I am used to getting strange head sensations - I have had pretty much all the anxiety symptoms but managed to get on an even keel for a long time but this week I am beginning to worry again as I am wondering whether me ignoring this ringing in the ear is not a good thing and maybe it is something more.

For a long time about once a day I will suddenly feel like half of the inside of my head has been shut off then I get ringing in my left ear. I know I am getting it when I am out because of the way my head feels then I close my ear and can hear the ringing. It doesnt last long so I have been trying to ignore it.

I have been very upset over a low grade at Uni this week and the other night I felt like a bang in my head - like something swirled round in it, but I was extremely upset at the time. Since then I have noticed the ringing more.

I am known for having health anxiety but I had really worked hard to ignore the news (especially today, thankyou BBC1 for your sleeping tablet story) and googling which I stop myself from doing now and I really dont want to start visting the doctor all the time again and getting on the anxiety slope again.

Does anyone experience something similar on a regular basis? Should I be panicking cos I can feel the panic welling up inside.:unsure:

Breezay
28-02-12, 14:12
I get it from time to time, it's nothing to worry about and it's probably been brought on by stress. try to do something to take your mind off it and I'm sure it will happen less :)

countrygirl
28-02-12, 14:17
I get it too and have had it on and off for past 30 years so its nothing that matters but seriously weird. I go through phases of it so I will have a week or two where i get it on and off every day then it goes away for weeks. You described it exactly like you go deaf in one ear only and this is followed by ringing, always my left ear that rings.

I know its quite common as my friend one day said same thing and how weird it felt so it must just be a normal abnormality with us humans!

pinkdante
28-02-12, 15:47
Thank you to both of you - its reassuring to know you arent the only one getting weird symptoms!:winks: