PDA

View Full Version : Eye test

MaryMac
28-02-12, 15:53
I was just with a friend who was picking up a new pair of glasses, and they did free eye tests in the shop. I thought I might aswell have one but I was SO scared that she'd find something!! She didn't she said my eyes were almost perfect. Can anything else be diagnosed through an eye test? I know they can find brain tumours, diabetes etc... so if there was anything dodgy she would have told me yeah? She took photos of inside my eye and all sorts of things!

Breezay
28-02-12, 16:04
Lots of things can be diagnosed through eye tests & they would absolutely tell you if something showed up. My Grandma had kidney failure found through a routine eye test! They're great things and usually show up any problems really early!

pearl79
28-02-12, 16:06
yes definately you would know... i rely on the opticians to squash some of my worries... luckly my last test was fine, well s fine s you cn be with mjor short sightedness and eye that only half works but still all good xxx :) good new for you too!!

---------- Post added at 16:06 ---------- Previous post was at 16:05 ----------

wow breezay how did they come across that? xx

MaryMac
28-02-12, 16:10
It's a relief to know that there's SOMETHING that actually works for me just now haha! I told her about my eyelid twitching, she said it's probably stress or caffeine, which seem to be my two best friends just now. Can't believe they found a kidney failure with your gran!

Breezay
28-02-12, 16:17
yes definately you would know... i rely on the opticians to squash some of my worries... luckly my last test was fine, well s fine s you cn be with mjor short sightedness and eye that only half works but still all good xxx :) good new for you too!!

---------- Post added at 16:06 ---------- Previous post was at 16:05 ----------

wow breezay how did they come across that? xx

One of her blood vessels had burst within her eye.. She had no symptoms or anything. It was there one year so the optician told her about it, but not to worry. He then changed her to yearly check ups. The second year, it was there again so he told her to go see her GP to have tests done! It's amazing really. She's still pretty healthy and her condition is just being monitored at the moment. It could have been so much worse!

Mary: I get twitching too, I always put it down to stress or not enough sleep :) Everyone gets it now and then.. I've seen my Husband's eye twitch while he's watching TV! Haha.

crystal17
28-02-12, 17:41
Well done for going, this is something I'm really struggling with. I've not had my eyes tested for about 10 years which I know is awful but I get terrible migraines so they are bound to find something aren't they? And I have this one floater which must mean something to do with blindness, so am terrified. Glad you found the courage though :)

MaryMac
28-02-12, 17:44
Thanks Crystal, I spent the entire time shaking just waiting for her to say something like "oh we've found something....."!! It's horrible! I never used to worry about stuff like this at all. I'm glad it's done though, at least there's one part of my body that's in good working order. You should try and go though, I told her I get floaters too and she said it's very common and nothing to worry about. :)

bally123
28-02-12, 19:52
I had an eye test over the weekend and i was convinced she would find something. I was holding my breath waiting for her to say something bad but she said all is healthy!

crystal17
28-02-12, 20:12
I will try and go Mary, it is so difficult though! I'm really pleased for you that they said it was all ok, its one less thing to worry about :)

kestral
01-03-12, 09:51
Well done for going, this is something I'm really struggling with. I've not had my eyes tested for about 10 years which I know is awful but I get terrible migraines so they are bound to find something aren't they? And I have this one floater which must mean something to do with blindness, so am terrified. Glad you found the courage though :)

i had my eyes tested last week because i had a floater in my right eye. she said my eyes were very healthy for my age and the floater? absolutely natural and no problem what so ever.
hope this helps you, alan.

crystal17
01-03-12, 10:33
Hi Alan, yes this does help to know and its good to hear that all was fine for you :) I am working up the courage to go, it is one of the hardest things though for some reason.