PDA

View Full Version : panic about a new bump

swgrl09
28-02-12, 16:09
I just found a bump in my earlobe. It is in the front top of the earlobe, I would say it feels like a sebaceous cyst or a pimple, but it is completely painless. I cannot see it to see if it looks weird by its location. I am worried because I was feeling it yesterday and scraped and there was blood. The bleeding makes me worry it is skin cancer that I cannot see. Does anybody else have bumps in the folds of their earlobes that they cannot see? I even tried with a mirror and can't tell.

I know I have felt similar before, but did not worry about it then for some reason and ignored it. I don't know if this is the same one or not. Any thoughts???

pearl79
28-02-12, 16:18
are you dry? skin? i get bumps when i get ezcema in the creases... just a sugestion... im sure its nothin, put some cream on it and im sure it will go in a few days.. if it is a cyst it may take a little longer, all my cysts have taken a few week to completely go xxx

swgrl09
28-02-12, 16:23
No, I have oily skin, and I do get pimples in that area so i guess it could just be a blocked oil gland or pores.

jojo69
28-02-12, 17:18
sounds like a blocked gland hun try not to worry dunno why we do this to ourselves xxx

swgrl09
28-02-12, 18:25
it feels a bit smaller now that i've been leaving it alone ... my god i feel like such a nut sometimes.

swgrl09
02-03-12, 21:21
Ok so i admit i haven't been leaving the bump alone, but it is quite sore now. I started this morning putting some hydrogen peroxide on a q tip and putting it on the bump to see if it helps. Sound like a pimple/cyst maybe that I just irritated or something more sinister?

I just wish I could see it but I had my boyfriend look and it is so far in the fold of my ear lobe that even eh couldn't find it

---------- Post added at 15:39 ---------- Previous post was at 15:13 ----------

still sore ... kind of a radiating pain .. just took some ibuprofin. Well that has taught me to leave it alone.

---------- Post added at 16:05 ---------- Previous post was at 15:39 ----------

now worrying that it is an infection that will spread throughtout my ear! i can't believe how painful it got after that brief prodding

---------- Post added at 16:21 ---------- Previous post was at 16:05 ----------

Just rang the doctor who said to take antiinflammatories and leave it alone, do not touch it ... why can't i learn!!!!