PDA

View Full Version : A perfect storm...

MaryMac
28-02-12, 16:43
So for around the last 6 months or so, I've been obsessing about leukemia/lymphoma to the point where it's ruining my life. I feel depressed, anxious, agitated, can't focus, keep checking, you name it. I've barely eaten for 3 days either. A couple of months ago, my sister mentioned she and her husband are doing a road trip out in the US for a month, and I should fly out and join them for a few days. I thought "excellent! Something to look forward to!" Now the date is 2 weeks away and my fear is starting to set in even more. Around 13 years ago I developed really bad agoraphobia, and I've managed to overcome it, I've travelled all over and flown alot. However the anxiety I feel before I fly is dreadful. As the date gets closer I'll get more worried. I got diazepam from my doctor, but I feel too scared to take it because I don't want to not be in control! Argh! Can someone advise me what diazepam makes you feel like? Will I be sleepy or unconcious or just very relaxed? I might take one in the house before I leave just as a test.
My fear isn't exactly of flying itself, it's of taking a horrendous panic attack whilst onboard over the middle of the Atlantic! It's never happened before but the anxiety is just horrible.

william wallace
28-02-12, 16:54
Hi Mary.
Diazepam is a muscle relaxant often prescribed for back pain because it relieves tension, and even relaxes your brain, you'll be fine.
Cabin Crew are trained to deal with folks having panic attacks and will look after you just fine if you do happen to have one.

http://www.mediatechpro.com/gif_samples/mm3/PlaneB.gif