PDA

View Full Version : New member

emmalrob
28-02-12, 19:39
Hello,

My name is Emma and I am 30 years old. I would say I have been an anxious person most of my life. I have found that the more worrying times I have had and after children particularly I have become worse over the years.

I hadn't realised I was actually suffering through symptoms all relating to anxiety and still struggle daily to whether all of this could stem from it.

Everyday I have an "invisible symptom" ranging from all types of chest pains and discomfort, numbness sort of mentholy feeling in my upper body and tightness around the muscles in my face, horrible rushes to the head now and again.

Stabbing pains, nervousness, feeling shaky and weak, tremors and so on.

Every now and then I feel very surreal and like something dreadful is gonna happen.

There is more but I could literally go on forever and ever.

I am currently waiting to see a councillor and have gone through CBT which helped for a short while.

Has anyone else experience alot of the above.

I am at the moment feeling very down and wondering if I will ever have my life back!

nomorepanic
28-02-12, 19:40
Hi emmalrob

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

emmalrob
28-02-12, 19:57
Thank you Nicola, it's very much appreciated. I don't want to be alone anymore with this.

My family and friends have been great but there is only so much they can do with not fully understanding the daily struggle.