PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myself and my issue!

worriedfornoreason
28-02-12, 20:37
Hi - found this site after looking up info on anxiety - have recently been diagnosed with anxiety and 'mild depression' following a period of poor sleeping and worrying over things that don't need worrrying about (I see it cleary but that doens't stop the worrying!).
I have Type 1 diabities which requires a lot of care and effort but still results in me feeling rubbish a lot despite my best efforts (blood sugars hard to get stable) which has started to get me down - seems to manifest itself in worrying about things at work and other bits and bobs (it's crazy as I'm doing ok at work, I know I am, everyone says I am, but my confidence is low). I think the worrying/stress affect the diabities and the diabities casues the worry so it's a circle.
I've been perscribed sleeping pills (these are great!) and Citropram. I have taken it (CP) for 4 days and felt ok but have a real issue with relying on pills - I didn't take one today and tonight the worry has come back - but I don't know if that is a result of not taking the Citropram as I understand it is too early for it to have any affect. So I'm going to see how I feel over the next 2/3 days without it. At some point the pills need to stop so surely it's best to avoid them in the first place....

Everything is a bit strange as I really have lots to be happy and pround about so no reason for low confidence or worry but there it is all the same.

I can see that this site is going to be massively helpful.
Thanks for reading!:)

nomorepanic
28-02-12, 20:39
Hi worriedfornoreason

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.