PDA

View Full Version : I'm really sick and scared to go to the doc!

Mark801
28-02-12, 20:40
Hi guys, I hope everyone is well.

I've been feeling really crappy since last week Tuesday. It all started when I came home from school feeling out of it(tired, weak, etc.)

The next morning I woke up with a sore throat that literally felt like someone was stabbing me with a knife. I also had a fever, headache, sore body, classic flu symptoms.

Anyways flash forward to Sunday, I was feeling a bit better over the days between Tue and Sat but Sunday I took a turn for the worse. The fever returned, I had a really bad cough, a feeling like I've got a ton of mucus/phlegm stuck in my nose, throat, and chest. My sinuses were literally SCREAMING!

Since Monday I've been feeling worse meaning I get so breathless when walking down the hall at school, climbing the stairs and my chest and back feels very tight. All I want to do is lay down. Luckily I haven't lost my appetite at all and I'm making sure I eat all meals regularly.

I'm also eating Orange, banana, Apples, orange juice and loads of fluids in between with my meals. I'm beyond terrified of meds so all I took since the whole week being sick was two Advil (One on Wednesday and one on Sunday when I had a bad headache).

Ii'm also getting a lot of chest pain which I can't seem to tell where its coming from. It's worse when I'm walkingbut apparetly not there when I exercise. I was exercising the other day and had no pains but walking down the hall at school is making me have pains and the pains are making me panic which sets int eh overbreathing and palps. :weep::mad:

Every time I cough, I feel my chest and back hurting and burning at the same time( make sense?) and I'm just so terrified to go the the doc. Also the tight chest/back is still here along with the chest pains when I walk as well as the breathlessness. Every time I cough also its like I can feel the phlegm stuck in my chest its just getting it to come out is the problem. My ribs are also very sore which doesn't help either.

I had a huge fear of getting viruses when I saw that Brittany Murphy dies of pneumonia two years ago and I'm scared that whatever I have right now will make the same thing happen to me.

I feel so crappy that I can't even stand too long to take a shower(2-5 min max).

Has anyone ever had it so bad before? I spoke to some really nice people in chat who say that it sounds like a chest infection or possibly bronchitis since I no longer have a a fever.

I really appreciate any responses. Thanks so much.

pearl79
28-02-12, 20:52
im guessing chest infection, they can make you feel really awful, mucus and congestion and make you feel ill on their own,... you should really go doctor, you may only need a course of antibiotics and youll feel better :)

take care xx

Mark801
28-02-12, 20:56
Thank you pearl. I know I need to but I can't begin to tell you how terrified I am of doctors and meds. It's like a living nightmare being in a doctors office or any medical field.

Sazziesaz
28-02-12, 21:04
Mark, my whole family has had exactly the same thing!!! We had it over 4 weeks ago and I still feel knocked out by it! I am the same and don't like taking meds. I dosed my two children up and my husband used meds! I had a few lemsips but that was it! When it started if felt like I was swallowing razor blades and my throat is still not back to normal! I did take my children to docs and it is a nasty respiratory virus. My husband still has a racking cough from it and he started his virus 5 weeks ago! He too had chest pains like you but that is from all the coughing you have done.

My husband hasn't been to docs and is now beginning to feel a little better, but maybe you should just check it isn't on your chest. My childrens coughs were dreadful and I was sure it was on their chest but it wasnt. As for feeling tired this virus was so awful it had flu like sympton and we are still exhausted by it! It took ages for my children to even begin to get their energy back!

Hope that helps, just try to relax and not do too much and I am sure you will be fine

Saz

Mark801
28-02-12, 21:39
Thank you Saz

I just want to be back to normal again and move on with my activities. I'm currently in college full time and these symptoms are making it real hard to concentrate on my school work right now.

Sazziesaz
28-02-12, 21:51
Mark, my children had to have 2 weeks off school with it, so just try and relax and hope you feel better soon!

Mark801
28-02-12, 22:04
Thanks again. I wish I could do that. I took off for one day and feel back with so much school work it made me even more depressed. I can't afford to take off a week or two.

Em84
29-02-12, 17:39
HI

YOU HAVE A VIRUS...I HAVE THE EXACT SAME THING AS YOU RIGHT NOW, I CAN GUARANTEE.....

blocked up ears
Constant cough
Now I have upper back pain which I presume is from coughing
CHEST PAIN...even just sitting
Coughing up at first green stuff, now White
Nose gunk (mucas)
Severe fatique and weakness.

Went to my doctor yesterday who assured me it was a virus and I did mention to her the fear of getting PNUEMONIA and she didn't even give me antibiotics just said gotta self care.....

You'll be ok.....

rainman
05-03-12, 19:58
IVE GOT THE SAME, 3 weeks ago i woke up full of head cold and in pain head to toe could not stand up it hurt so much after a week of being in pain the cough set in. ive had this pain in the backside cough for 2 weeks now i was coughing so much i kept thinking i was gonna be sick it kept me up most nights. its now 3 weeks on had aload of meds from the gp i think helped a bit??? its gone from green crap to white im coughing up ive been sleeping through for the last 4 nights but the cough has come back. i think this 1 is due to the fact i gave up smoking 28 days ago??
im glad to read im not on my own.
its a nasty bug going about and if anyone wants to talk more about it im happy too, im the worlds biggest pussy when i get ill and this has been the worst ive ever had

Floridagirl
06-03-12, 18:22
Hi sounds very similar to an illness I had before Christmas. Got chest infection needing 3 lots of antibiotics and incredible sharp chest pain - this was diagnosed as pleurisy. Last course of antibiotics sorted it out.

Pleurisy is no fun and so painful - it tends to clear when underlying chest infection is cured.

swgrl09
06-03-12, 18:54
Sounds like a bad virus or infection, the only thing is that if it is settling into your chest you may want to get on some antibiotics so that it does not turn into pneumonia ... not to scare you, but if you are afraid of docs and medicine then dealing with pneumonia will not be a good time for you! The appointment will be quick and you will feel better so much quicker.