PDA

View Full Version : throat problems

cattia
29-02-12, 03:14
I am going through horrible anxiety at the moment. It started with tonsillitis about a,month ago, and that cleared up, then the area around my wisdom tooth got tender and inflamed, then since then it seems to have moved to my throat.
My throat often feels like there is a lump in iy, often on one side but sometimes both. It got so bad at one point that I could hardly eat, and swallowing was really painful. I also have ear pain on one side or sometimes both.
I know that I am clenching my jaw at night as I wake up doing it, so part of me thinks TMJ, but I am so terrified I have cancer :(
I also feel generally unwell, maybe through stress but of course I am worried it is something worse. I am tired all the time and have no energy. I feel like everything is on top of me and I can't shake this off. I have been to the Dr who said the glands in my neck were slightly up, which also has me worrying about lymphoma. I am waiting for an appointment withh the dentist and the Dr said to go back in a month if it is still going on.

katie23
29-02-12, 03:50
I get this it feels as if something is lodged in my throat and it won't move out of it!!! Then I panic about it thinking omg allergic reaction etc...

Health anxitey makes us feel generally un well. I know when I'm in the onset of a Health obsession I think when have I ever been well?? If it's not one thing it's another....

I'd ignore what the dr said what is hard I know, I struggle forgetting everything the Drs say I could go round with it in my head a million times a day.....I had a high CPR blood come back and then got obsessed I have an infection some where and must go hospital... then when I get there I feel stupid because they say oh it's nothing!!! And I know deep down it's my anxitey but I truly believe if I don't go I will DIE in my sleep or my bodys giving up! xx