PDA

View Full Version : migraine on microgynon

pearl79
29-02-12, 06:23
I've had a migraine now for 3 days and I'm starting to panic... I am frightened ill get a stroke... can't keep goin docs I've already been twice this week... help xx

LAURA48
29-02-12, 08:10
Hi Pearl - was on this contraceptive pill many years ago - late 1980s - and it made me feel very depressed - thought it was just me - as I was not suffering with depression then - but I do remember having horrid headaches and feel rotten - came off it in the end - remember went back to Logynon? probably don't do that one anymore but good luck - no doctor but think it is the pill causing it. Good Luck Laura x

eternally optimistic
29-02-12, 09:05
Morning

I was on microgrynon for years and a couple of years ago i changed to cerazette.

I have noticed a massive difference with the frequency of head aches. I am not sure if this is entirely down to the change of pill or the fact my anxiety is better and that is causing so much tension.

You should go back to the doctor and get advice as to whether you should change to another type. It could make you feel loads better too.

The headaches I would get were really debilitating (spelling?) and would knock me out for 3/4 days, which isnt right.

Get some advice from you GP - good luck

nicola1980
29-02-12, 09:16
Hi i used to get migraines when i was taking microgynon. i always got them whilst i was on the 7 day day break from them, i came off it in the end as couldn't cope with them every month xx

pearl79
29-02-12, 09:27
nicola this is whats happened, i missed a pill, then got a massive headache (oneside, mainly my eye socket) and the then next day i started bleeding grrrrr.... so guessing it was the drop in hormone. wish it would hurry and sort its self out cuz im still bleeding grrr xxx

thanks for your reply <3:)

crystal17
29-02-12, 09:36
Hi Pearl, I was on microgynon 12 years ago and the exact same problem and suffered the most horrendous migraines you can imagine - I still get them occasionally now but back then it was one almost every day and I couldn't even move they were that bad.
Doesn't matter that you've been to doctors twice this week, go back and ask to change pill and for something for the migraine that is safe to take. Don't suffer! Migraines are too awful to just put up with x

nicola1980
29-02-12, 09:41
id go back to your doctor and ask for a change, ive not took the pill for years, have been prescribed the mini pill cerazette recently but read on the side effects that it can cause anxiety so i then googled it......yes i know slap on the wrist!!! and loads of women taking it have suffered anxiety on it even those that have never suffered before :ohmy: so the packet is in my med cabinet untouched!!! xx

pearl79
29-02-12, 09:45
im thinking about stopping it anyway.. was really good at first (this is my first month so control ovulation bleeding) all good at first then as soon s i missed one its all gone tits up!!! im so cross for missin it, cuz now i dont know if its just my usual midcycle bleeding or the pill.. on top of it its the migaine and on top of thaat HA and on top of that i got blood trace in my wee every now and again ..... am a real state :( especially after reading about so much cancer on this site... frightening

angel wings
29-02-12, 09:51
microgynon was great for me for a long time then after a break through having children i went back on them and had to change, but do remember if you missed on you would get another period also got headaches and found they didnt agree with me anymore funny how your body changes,just started the mini pill again but dont think that likes me either,but dont want anymore kids oh the things we go through lol