PDA

View Full Version : uphill battle

R.Barratt
29-02-12, 10:44
i really am trying to be positive and block out any negative thoughts. but they seem to overwhelme me all the time. i feel so odd like i stick out and i am not normal because i am only 17 so i should be having fun and should friends and look gorgeous.
but i am hideous completely stupid and have no friends. i hate myself. and i dont want to but literally every time i see myself in the mirror i self harm because i hate myself so much.
i dont want to feel this way anymore but it feels impossible to change it. i just dont want to carry on and keep struggling every day i just want to die

eternally optimistic
29-02-12, 11:51
Hi there

I am sorry you are having a rough time at the moment.

I think you and others always think young people should have expectations of what you should be doing in life, and it ISNT the same for everyone.

You are only 17 and you have your whole life in front of you but, I can relate to what you are saying about wanting to feel good about what you are doing and how you feel.

One of my children, 18 soon, was in a very inbetween place since leaving school and now. He is now very content with life and likes himself too.

Quite often at your age, friends start different lifestyles and you tend to all go in your separate ways. PLEASE DONT PUNISH YOURSELF ABOUT FRIENDS, THAT WILL ALL HAPPEN IN GOOD TIME.

Are you at college or working or school etc??

Rach29
29-02-12, 12:47
i didnt have many friends at your age but luckily i have a sister 2 years younger than me so thats who my friend was but your still young u have a partner whos supportive of you and you want to go to Africa dont you, you can make plenty of friends along the way, you have so much to look forward to so dont let these horrible negative thoughts win stay positive after what you have been through already your a strong person so you can beat those thoughts hope your ok x