PDA

View Full Version : withdrawing from citalopram and quetipine

believeinlife
29-02-12, 11:15
so this is me i am 23 a single mum with a ecstensive list of mental health issues starting when i was 12.i have been on nearly every type of anti psychotic anti deppresant etc. you can think of and have spent a total of 8 weeks in the past four years in psychiatric hospitals.the most resent being last summer where i had a mental break down i have currently come to the conclusion that i am getting more and more confused as to my emotions and feeling that there synthetic because of the meds i decided to stop taking citalopram 2 weeks ago resulting in what it termed head shocks and dizzyness which is worse in the evenings.i am on my first day of cold turkey from quetiapine which i no is going to be a struggle due to the high dosage currently im on 350mg quetipine i was on 60mg of citalopram and 3.75mg zopiclone i can totally emperthise with people who are in similar position as i no how irritable i am at the moment as well everything and every sound grates on me and i find myself having a very short fuse hopefully in time these withdrawal symptoms will get better i just no i have a difficult couple of weeks a head of me and its probably going to get worse before it gets better.to all people in a similar position believe in yourself ,you can do it.take control and dont be trapped in this cycle of medication you have the strength.
helen

diane07
29-02-12, 11:16
Hi believeinlife

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Chipmac
29-02-12, 18:54
believeinlife, Every morning tell yourself 'I am stronger today'. Reverse negative thoughts into Positives. Count your blessings and not your downfalls. Look at the millions who would gladly swop their problems for yours. Try and get the book 'The Power of the Subconscious Mind' by Dr Joseph Murphy, from Amazon. It really helps to fight the negatives. If you need tablets, go herbal.
All the best. You are the Best.
Chipmac.

suzy-sue
29-02-12, 19:07
Beieveinlife :welcome:to NMP ..I am sure you are doing this for reasons you believe in .But going cold turkey on two medications and such high doses can be dangerous .You should never do this .Gradually reduction is always the best way forward and always under a Drs supervision .If you have been so ill in the past ,and been put on Mood stabilisers and SSRIS . WOULD URGE YOU TO DISCUSS YOUR OPTION 's WITH YOUR PSYCHIATRISTor Gp ..ASAP ..Take care and I hope you find this Forum useful and make some new friends along the way ..Sue x

haz
29-02-12, 20:15
Sue's right. Stopping all your meds abruptly can be dangerous. Like Sue said, please try to get an appointment with your psychiatrist urgently.

Take care. :hugs:

Haz.