PDA

View Full Version : Can Anyone Explain Thursh To Me Please

Sabre
29-02-12, 13:25
Hi i am a 25 year old male,
I was in hospital last thursday and had to stay in for two days as i had an infection in my gallbladder and was bringing up bile and feeling very ill.
Anyways the hospital sent me home with two lots of antibiotics which are Augmentin 625mg (take one tablet three times aday) and Metronidazole 400mg (also take one tablet three times aday). I am on my 5th day of taking them and my testicles have become quite red with dry skin on them and itchy, i am wondering if this is thrush and if you can get thrush on your testicles? as i have never had it before or know nothing about it, both tablets have a side effect saying can cause thrush or a yeast infection to the skin folds.
Does this sound like it could be a side effect? as you can imagine since leaving the hospital anyways my HA as been of the roof and i hate taking medication as it is, think i might just be worrying over a common side effect.
Thanks for reading hope i dont offend anyone with a personal post!

sickandtired
29-02-12, 13:57
it probably is...dont be embarrassed...i used to get it alot...try some canesten cream from the chemist......you dont need a prescription.....it can be quite itchy at first so dont use too much,and bathe in cool water for a while

haz
29-02-12, 20:36
Oh dear! Poor you.

Antibiotics are a common culprit for causing thrush. Maybe you should see your GP and let him examine you?

There is also an oral tablet for thrush that you can take. Costs a fortune from the chemist though.

Hope you feel better soon.

Haz. :)