PDA

View Full Version : Lumpiness in the throat

emmalrob
29-02-12, 13:44
Hi, I am new to the forum and wondered what other people made of whats going on with me at the moment.

Since my niece lost her mother just before christmas my anxiety towards my health has come back with a vengeance to the point where I have been to the docs half a dozen times in the last 2 months.

One was because of a couple of freckles I thought were cancerous as they "didn't look right to me" and I kept scratching at it - turned out it was an ingrown hair

Another was because I was convinced I had mouth cancer with white little pimply spots besides my tongue - turned out they were just little follicles

Now I am freaking out about my neck - I have no visible lumps but when I feel both sides of my neck just below the jaw at the back I can feel lumps either side. They are just below where my tonsils would be but when I touch them I know they aren't the visible part of my tonsils you can see in the back of the throat. I am really stressed, the more I feel them the bigger they seem and I get a sore neck. It's on my mind constantly. Once again I have this idea it has to be serious.

I am always scared stuff will happen to me as I have two young kids and never want to leave them without a mam.

I am still waiting to see a councillor to try and sort it out as I can't keep going on like this, it is taking over my life

robin321
29-02-12, 13:52
Leave them alone. I just got checked. These are normal. Check out my past posts. Save yourself a lot of wasted time and worry! And do not play with them!

Sazziesaz
29-02-12, 14:46
Same here! Check my posts out too! I thought those lumps weren't supposed to be there. I got checked yesterday and they are just glands and perfectly normal! Don;t go down my route of keep prodding, it makes the irratated and sore!! Hope you get the help you want soon x