PDA

View Full Version : my dad has bumped his head

Em.ma
29-02-12, 15:48
my dad is storming round the house saying how he wants to die and has bashed his head loads of times himself i just came in and his like this his going to die from brain hemmorage and im scared

pearl79
29-02-12, 15:52
oh lovely, dont worry, its hard, is he usually unstable? does he suffer anxieties? is your mum around?

Em.ma
29-02-12, 15:53
i cant stopy crying without him we are out of this house and im scared the several bangs has killed him

---------- Post added at 15:53 ---------- Previous post was at 15:52 ----------

no his just angry cause he cant fix something and overreacting shes at work

pearl79
29-02-12, 15:57
he isnt going to die, really. just go out the way.. maybe call your mum, or text her. or a family friend. Has he hit himself hard, if so ring someone, but if hes storming round the house im sure hes ok xx how old are you

Em.ma
29-02-12, 16:00
ok thanks x im 18 i text my mum now even though may take a few hours to reply x

---------- Post added at 16:00 ---------- Previous post was at 15:59 ----------

what if he has delayed hemmorage soon though it was several hard ish bangs :/

pearl79
29-02-12, 16:00
is he still stormingaround.. he'll be ok... men are such children sometime!! as long as hes, awake and stressing he'll be fine!!!! :)

Em.ma
29-02-12, 16:03
i dont know what his doing now lol. he is angry cause mots men "can" do what he wanted to do

---------- Post added at 16:03 ---------- Previous post was at 16:01 ----------

also says hell be more use burnt than alive :(

pearl79
29-02-12, 16:04
ah well, just stick your ipod in your ears or something!!! take care my love and smile xxx

---------- Post added at 16:04 ---------- Previous post was at 16:03 ----------

really, take no notice!! its horrible, but life is tough on us adults/ oarents sometimes... Not your worry tho, your mu will sort it XXX

Em.ma
29-02-12, 16:09
thanks i told him he was scaring me and he said he didnt care grow up bla bla bla etc

nothing else i can do now though so have to deal with it just ruined my evening though surely several large hits will kill him today or in the next few days.

pearl79
29-02-12, 16:13
they may even knock some sense into him!!!.... he isnt going to do anything to harm himself.... maybe a couple of bruises ... but hes just feeling sorry for himself... it must be hard on you and its not fair on you that hes doing this.. but some people have insecurities they find hard to deal with... dont worry xxx

Em.ma
29-02-12, 16:26
thanks he defintly has them. it was on the celing when stepping up a ladder bang bang on his head everytime on the ceiling his stopped and is miserable now i just feel like i cant breathe. i dont see how anyone can survive what he just did lol. i will try to calm but its hard.

pearl79
29-02-12, 16:50
i know it is hard, but im not sure what else to suggest.. i hope all turns out well, put some happy music on or something to try and calm yourself xxxx

Em.ma
29-02-12, 17:46
thanks his really angry with just me and i dont know why but just says his never doing anything for me ever again and that its just him and my brother from now on and his speach sounds bad. onwards and upwards anyway

---------- Post added at 17:18 ---------- Previous post was at 16:55 ----------

also since two this afernoon ive had severe calf pain in one calf so bad and in foot to very sore to touch and move had this before dad incident.

---------- Post added at 17:46 ---------- Previous post was at 17:18 ----------

also he has fallen asleep which has scared me keep going to check his breathing still.

pearl79
29-02-12, 17:50
wake him up... bang about slammed a door... wwhat time is your mum home? im sure hes ok

Carys
29-02-12, 17:50
Emma, you gave this thread the title 'my Dad is going to die'. In reality, once you read the thread to the end, I believe that he accidentally banged his head on the ceiling whilst up on a ladder ? By writing with certainty that he is going to die you are re-enforcing to yourself a highly unlikely and negative outcome.

Em.ma
29-02-12, 18:09
yes carys several times and called me many rude names lol

mum home at 8 30 ish phoned her its off so i left a message and a text

his asleep now lol

---------- Post added at 18:09 ---------- Previous post was at 17:54 ----------

iwas also ok till he fell asleep i thought that was sign of hemmorage happening
deep breathing though. just want my mum here.

pearl79
29-02-12, 18:13
i think he may have another physical symptoms... i really think your causing yourself grief for nothing.... but thats easy for me to say...

if you are that concerned wake him up.... but i think if you was that worried you would have called a doctor.... so im guessing hes fine xxx

Em.ma
29-02-12, 18:39
thanks i know ones a doctor here so you cant say anyway off to do dinner for me and brother hopefully i can stop checking his breathing long enough to make dinner lol

---------- Post added at 18:23 ---------- Previous post was at 18:19 ----------

stange his just woken up happy and forgtooten about it and is mumbling like his got no memory that he was angry his just hooping around and stumbling etc

---------- Post added at 18:32 ---------- Previous post was at 18:23 ----------

im even more confused now he dont remember it om goodness me. his talking about how good i am for brother etc and all smiley and happy but his eyes look strage. even more confused his telling all these jokes.

---------- Post added at 18:36 ---------- Previous post was at 18:32 ----------

my room also stinks of plaster etc from what he was doing and paint

---------- Post added at 18:39 ---------- Previous post was at 18:36 ----------

just seen bro hit his head to.this is my night whos next! me

sam66
29-02-12, 18:40
Parents do awful things to their children, you shouldnt have to suffer this, I wish you well x

pearl79
29-02-12, 18:49
i just wish your mum was home soon. does she not have a works number?

sherylee xx
29-02-12, 18:49
oh god how terrible hunni :( if you lived closer id say your welcome to come round for a cuppa and a chat to get you away from your dad for abit hes behaviour must have a huge impact on you :( i think your dad will be ok hun however i know with anxiety its hard to believe it so if in doubt ring an ambulence and they may even be able to clam him down i hope your ok xx

swgrl09
29-02-12, 19:06
I agree with sherylee, if you ever feel that afraid either for yourself or even that he is going to hurt himself, call the emergency line ... I don't know what it is in your country, in the US its 911.

Em.ma
29-02-12, 19:28
yes in the uk its 999
shes home in an hour. he wants me to get beer lol.
i cant make up my mind his eyes look unfixed and he stutters a bit but he normally does that. he hit head about 7 times/ can a huma survive that.
he just looks confused or am i examining him to much.
his all happy since the moment he got up.

thanks sherylee i know u worry about head issues to x

---------- Post added at 19:28 ---------- Previous post was at 19:15 ----------

heb also said its 25 to buy alcohol in this country im scared

mikewales
29-02-12, 19:31
Most footballers bang their head harder than that and more times in a game heading the ball. He isnt going to die

pearl79
29-02-12, 19:34
maybe hes being spiteful and try and scare you... keep out of his way... your doing yourself no good. x

sam66
29-02-12, 19:47
Most footballers bang their head harder than that and more times in a game heading the ball. He isnt going to die
as always, understanding

nomorepanic
29-02-12, 19:49
Was that sarcasm ?

sam66
29-02-12, 19:51
on my part yes it was

Em.ma
29-02-12, 19:55
please lets not let this be an argument x

---------- Post added at 19:55 ---------- Previous post was at 19:53 ----------

also he doesnt know im scared about head but his all dazed etc.why bang head several times-fallasleep-wake up all happy go lucky with no memeory lol.

have to move on this is doing no good wait till mum home

sam66
29-02-12, 19:56
its not Emma you do what is right for you, it sounds awful the situation you are in, perhaps ya Dad needs help its not a childs worry to pick up a parent, go get help hun x

nomorepanic
29-02-12, 19:56
Uncalled for Sam.

Emma - he is not going to die at all.

pearl79
29-02-12, 19:57
she wont be long now xxx let us know how it goes :)

sam66
29-02-12, 20:02
eh what I said now?

---------- Post added at 20:02 ---------- Previous post was at 19:59 ----------

jesus I give up

Em.ma
29-02-12, 20:02
thanks made docs app to higher dosage of my meds and to discuss meds with doc. on 20mg now. for 3 weeks.
thanks pearl will do x havnt felt this bad for a while now.
also pain in calf bad when walking got bad at 2 30 just came on all of a sudden and worse sometimes than others never had pain like it just waned to vent about it dont need advice for leg i think its muscular as hurt when stretching n pressing but just started all of a sudden and it hurts a lot never had pain like it so took a painkiller

Elen
29-02-12, 20:08
Emma I think a docs appointment re your meds is a really good move.

I am sure your dad is going to be fine hun, you have been terribly worried about head trauma recently so this will not be helping it.

You concentrate on looking after yourself.

tc

Elen
xxx

mikewales
29-02-12, 20:24
Sam, she asked if humans could survive banging their heads 7 times, so I gave her an everyday example of people doing just that ( and that was without also mentioning boxers, rugby players, martial artists and many other people who do sports who get a lot more punishment, and dont die from it ), and being perfectly healthy, so what is your problem ?

Em.ma
29-02-12, 20:48
mum spoke to him says he cant remember banging his head several times "gulp" i really think his ill seriously but even my mum tells me to shut up. i dont have any friends at all so no one to tell. he will be gone soon
sleeping straight away change of personality forgetfullness= something bad.

---------- Post added at 20:48 ---------- Previous post was at 20:42 ----------

all she did is hug ben and shout at me:( he really cant remember and is dazed. his dying.

nomorepanic
29-02-12, 20:51
Emma stop this please.

He is not dying at all and you are not being rational.

Em.ma
29-02-12, 20:57
ok i am going to get some sleep to shift this tension headache i haeve forced upon myself x another day tommorow hopefully a better one x

Haybee
29-02-12, 21:09
hi emma, your dad sounds like a bit of an unpredictable loose cannon type. he may be saying he cant remember doing it as hes a tad embarassed by his behaviour :) im sorry you're going through this, it sounds like you've had a tough night.

and im sorry your parents sound like they're being very unsympathetic :/ sounds kind of like they're both a bit embarassed though really! feel free to pm me if you ever want a chat :)

Em.ma
29-02-12, 21:12
thanks i was doing ok and this has set me back miles
hopefully be ok tomoz thanks x
had a spilinter weeks ago went away left a brown mark whichcwent and the mark has come back larger than before

---------- Post added at 21:12 ---------- Previous post was at 21:11 ----------

i picked scab of and it ome back bigger

eight days a week
29-02-12, 22:09
I completely agree with others Emma that your dad - in my opinion - is almost certainly NOT going to have done himself any significant damage, let alone die! Just with the thread title you were working yourself up from the start!

Had he been drinking by any chance before this? That might explain his behaviour and memory loss.

But, if you're in any serious doubt you should phone the emergency services, because people on here are not doctors and even if they are they cannot give you that reassurance without physically examining him.

Also, I hope you will understand, I am going to request that this thread title is changed, because I am carer for my dad, and he is very unwell at the moment from long-standing health complaints, and it is my biggest worry (constantly) that he is going to die. It's distressing me every time I see this thread title on the main page of the forum. Thanks for understanding and I wish you all the best - please speak to your doctor about your own meds, but also your father's behaviour :hugs:

I (once again) completely agree that I think Emma's dad is in no danger of dying. But, sorry Mike, I also agree this is a ridiculous comment. For starters a) did you see how hard Emma's Dad banged his head? No, didn't think so, and b) from what my elder family members tell me there's been no heading-a-football equivalent to a ceiling or wall since the mid-60s latest.

It's a bit like equating scratching your nose to taking a punch straight in the face, imho.

Sorry for derailing your thread Emma, I'll leave it there, and again wish you and your family all the best :hugs:

sherylee xx
01-03-12, 00:03
thats ok hun yes i do its my main anxiety i have been the same with my dad when he was drunk and banged hes head and it was bleedin alot i rang ambulence but he wouldnt go hospital and i was checkin hes breathin all night he was fine though :) im always here for a chat hun xx

mikewales
01-03-12, 07:58
Eight, he didnt cut himself or knock himself out, so he didnt hit it that hard.

Carys
01-03-12, 09:15
....besides he probably doesn't remember it because he didn't really hit it that hard; Emma (as she knows :winks:)is so incredibly sensitive that any physical symptom or action, which is nothing consequential for one person, becomes a death situation in her mind, due to her HA. when I am painting the ceiling I get up on the ladder too quickly and often knock my head. Ceilings aren't actually that hard but it makes a loud echoey noise when I do it and sounds much worse than it is. In the course of a day of painting I could do that several times, but I don't recall all the times, because to me it isn't that important.

---------- Post added at 09:15 ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 ----------

as always, understanding

Sam, look back at this statement you made - view it as part of your learning about how some of your words come across to others. Someone responded to Emma and you came back with a really unpleasant sarcastic remark.....

Haybee
01-03-12, 14:46
how is your dad today emma?

Em.ma
01-03-12, 17:33
hello thanks everyone for the advice how do change the title name?
sorry for upsetting you with the thread title i hope your dad is ok
his ok today thanks -still breathing! lol

---------- Post added at 16:12 ---------- Previous post was at 15:48 ----------

also still scared about this had a spilinter weeks ago went away left a brown mark whichcwent and the mark has come back larger than before i picked scab of and it ome back bigger also felt it and its not a scab just a big brown mark

---------- Post added at 17:33 ---------- Previous post was at 16:12 ----------

its been there about a month now...
and the brown mark is bigger than before it was a spilnter-scabbed-picked it off- then it came back huge

theharvestmouse
01-03-12, 17:52
is he still stormingaround.. he'll be ok... men are such children sometime!! as long as hes, awake and stressing he'll be fine!!!! :)

I'm sorry but I found this to be quite offensive, yet a lot of people criticised MikeWales for his comment.

You can't make a statement like that, if someone said it about women they would get all sorts of grief.

---------- Post added at 17:52 ---------- Previous post was at 17:51 ----------

I'm sure it was made tongue in cheek but I just don't think its a fair comment.

Carys
01-03-12, 17:54
Thats a good point actually.

Em.ma
01-03-12, 18:10
also changd thread title it didnt change :/
went go advanced changed it and its still the same lol.

mikewales
01-03-12, 18:51
have changed it for you now emma

Em.ma
01-03-12, 20:08
thanks mike :)

---------- Post added at 19:20 ---------- Previous post was at 18:52 ----------

he does have a headache today

---------- Post added at 20:08 ---------- Previous post was at 19:20 ----------

im so scared beucause he fell asleep after the banging straight away and has a headache today and you can have delayed reactions to bumps.
im also onvinved i have cancer.
MAY BE TMI FOR SOME
painfull period cramps to the point of tears and not being able to walk.irregular periods. going though a towel every hour and changed in bowel movement everythime i go. soft, then hard balls etc

last night has bought my anxioety back full force. i was ok before last night. stress does not help me at all

lizzie29
01-03-12, 21:39
Emma, lots of people have heavy periods but it doesn't mean they have cancer. I used to have a friend who had to stay in bed for days when she was on her period cos hers were so bad. My sister recently bled through her clothes every month hers were so heavy. NEITHER OF THEM HAD CANCER.

If they're that heavy and painful, then see your doctor. They may recommened the pill or something.

Em.ma
02-03-12, 16:02
thanks for years ive had loose stolls then hard then loose.like soft near dirreaheoa then hard and small like balls haha then normal sometimes just heard ad on radio if have loose stolls could be bowel cancer. argh why is all that stuff everywere i turn to in the media.

also for six months two years ago i had cramps eveerydau icouldnt walk or move with them but never saw a doc

Carys
02-03-12, 17:23
Hey, Emma, I presume your Dad is ok after his head bumps. So, can you see now that nothing came of it and rationalise it a bit better ?

Em.ma
02-03-12, 20:30
hiya,yes his fine today :)
but the stress of it has bought my anxiet back i was doing well

im still worried about this from the other day

also pain in calf bad when walking got bad at 2 30 just came on all of a sudden and worse sometimes than others never had pain like it just waned to vent about it dont need advice for leg i think its muscular as hurt when stretching n pressing but just started all of a sudden and it hurts a lot never had pain like it so took a painkiller
and this
also still scared about this had a spilinter weeks ago went away left a brown mark whichcwent and the mark has come back larger than beforei picked scab of and it ome back bigger also felt it and its not a scab just a big brown mark

its been there about a month now...
and the brown mark is bigger than before it was a spilnter-scabbed-picked it off- then it came back huge

http://i40.tinypic.com/wcdbw7.png now today what it looks like

http://i41.tinypic.com/znmmw3.png a montth ago----
i picked original scab from splinter - it came back now it feels not like a scab but just over skin n get bigger everyday.

---------- Post added at 20:29 ---------- Previous post was at 20:21 ----------

what happened the other day set me back miles

---------- Post added at 20:30 ---------- Previous post was at 20:29 ----------

I see doc next week RE: meds.

Carys
02-03-12, 22:04
Good, I am glad he is ok, and you can see that the human body doesn't just collapse with every minor knock and bruise.

I'm not trying to be obtuse Emma, but I can't see those pictures very well I'm afraid, not clearly enough to make comment anyway. Picking off scabs leaves scars, scabs are designed to protect the new skin growing underneath and if you exposed the new skin then it will leave a mark...which will take quite some time to heal and fade.

Anxious_gal
03-03-12, 04:59
Tell the doctor all your worries.
I do wish you had more help with your health anxiety ;(
Your so young and in a way health anxiety is like a bad habbit.
We eventually go on to automatically assume the worst.
Google doesn't help. We have all the symptoms so we must have it!
Or the Media too :( someone always dies from what is 99% of the time a harmless injury.
We just have to remember all the times we were scared We were seriously ill , we weren't , we were ok in the end :)
All we did was make something small and harmless into something big and scary.

I do know how it feels to really think something is wrong and feel like no one is taking you seriously .

Maybe the pains in your legs are growing pains?
I suffered them terribly and at one point was in too much pain to walk.
I don't know about the scab , I know when my cousin hurt her leg it scabed up and when the scab came off she had a huge brown mark that eventually turned to pink.

Em.ma
04-03-12, 12:20
" Good, I am glad he is ok, and you can see that the human body doesn't just collapse with every minor knock and bruise."
it has helped me realise that :)
thanks mishel app on wed with doc. everytime i ask for cbt he just says do an onlime course all the docs say that to me

also bro told us today he been having regular nosebleeds. his on clozapine for physchosis/hallucnations but im worried the nosebleeds is linked to meds- his never has nosebleeds before.

Em.ma
04-03-12, 20:37
also worried a out blood clot today.been in all day. did college work/watched films and slept.but wen ive been sitting down for ages i get a feelinginbetween big n 2nd toe underneath like a sticker is stuck their.
didnt go out yesterday either- horrible weather

---------- Post added at 20:21 ---------- Previous post was at 19:44 ----------

its also goes away when i stand

---------- Post added at 20:37 ---------- Previous post was at 20:21 ----------

also getting tingly andpain in between toes now

lizzie29
04-03-12, 21:00
Hope this doesn't come across wrong, but I've seen you post a few times worrying about blood clots when you've been in all day. Why don't you just make sure you go out every day then it won't worry you? Even just go for a walk round the block, and this should ease your worries.