PDA

View Full Version : Ovarian Cancer...

GirlAfraid23
29-02-12, 17:25
The fear is back again.

It seems to happen at the same time every month...I get pelvic pain and uterus pain.

I am in the toilet urinating every 5 seconds and I also have the "expanding waistline" that is mentioned in every fact sheet I've ever read about OC.

I am on the pill so I'm not really ovulating...very worried there's a huge tumour resting on my bladder and thats why I'm always in the toilet at the moment.

What if they catch it too late? It is the "silent killer" as everyone says :( with a low survival rate

---------- Post added at 17:25 ---------- Previous post was at 16:05 ----------

Please!

GirlAfraid23
01-03-12, 12:53
I was hoping somebody would reply :(

I still have pains today, unsure what to do

jaynehal
01-03-12, 13:22
Hi there
If you don't mind me asking how old are you? Because I believe it is quite rare to get this under the age of 50 I have pains every month not just on my period it can be any time, I've found they are worse when stressed, I also have been suffering with frequent urination which I was convinced was something more sinister, but my doc says it's anxiety! I have to convince myself everyday that it's nothing, hope you feel a bit reassured now, have you spoke to your doc about your worries?
Jayne xx

nomorepanic
01-03-12, 13:40
I would say that if it was cancer then it would not come and go and you would have these problems all the time to be honest.

jaynehal
01-03-12, 14:00
Hi there
If you don't mind me asking how old are you? Because I believe it is quite rare to get this under the age of 50 I have pains every month not just on my period it can be any time, I've found they are worse when stressed, I also have been suffering with frequent urination which I was convinced was something more sinister, but my doc says it's anxiety! I have to convince myself everyday that it's nothing, hope you feel a bit reassured now, have you spoke to your doc about your worries?
Jayne xx

GirlAfraid23
01-03-12, 18:30
Hi there
Jayne xx

I'm 22, 23 in June.
Not sure what to think. The pain is quite intense and I seem to get pelvic discomfort if I hold onto my wee for too long.
I am in the toilet every 10 minutes like I have a very weak bladder but that coupled with pelvic and abdominal pain/weight gain I keep wondering if its the silent killer.
The tops of my thighs also hurt.

I'm so worried :( I don't have time or transport to go to my docs till next week!

jaynehal
01-03-12, 20:22
Hi hope your feeling a bit better today!

Your symptoms are similar to mine quicklime ha since oct 2011 and I can assure you it's all anxiety, your mind plays tricks when you think you've got something and you can really create a symptom, I know exactly How you feel I've had ha for years and just had a bad spell but seem to be getting over the worst of it, hope you do soon!

Jayne xx

Cat80
01-03-12, 20:37
I have exactly the same fear and I keep trying not to think about it but I read a story about a girl of 16 who got it in one of my magazines and now my worry is back. I've put weight on around my middle when usually flat, sharp pains in ovaries, periods suddenly gone lighter (even though been on the pill 4 years), pain in my legs and numbness. Peeing loads even in the middle of the night I get up to go and I never have had that problem, usually a very strong bladder. Loads of gas low down etc. Horrible but daren't mention it to my Dr. I am 31 and petrified of having it

macc noodle
01-03-12, 21:37
I can tell you quite categorically that this is a hormonal thing and NOT OVARIAN CANCER - it clearly is cyclical and therefore will be hormones - you need to get to the docs and discuss this with them - there is loads they can do for you - you are young - it would be exceedingly rare for you to have ovarian cancer.

Statistically the largest at risk group is over 65 I do believe.

Please do not waste years worrying about this - I have done this for the past 3 years and am finally dealing with it and my outlook now - well ultrasound being done on Friday - I feel really unwell and myriad of symptoms - so look at it this way now - if I have it I need to deal with it - if I don't have it I need to stop giving it headspace.

You need to do the same.

xxxx