PDA

View Full Version : I need some help!

Hck80
29-02-12, 16:47
Hi all,

I am 1 step away from googling and really am resisting the urge.

I posted about chest pain and excessive burping and yesterday I went to see gp, I was convinced I had either lung cancer or a blood clot. He listened to my chest and to my symptoms and said its indigestion and to take antacids and I this doesn't work then to go back for something stronger.

Anyway, I also have flu at the moment so feeling very achey, but earlier when I was cycling to get my son from nursery I had such a bad chest pain I thought I was going to collapse on the spot and I felt like I wasn't even in m own body. The chest pain stopped after a burp but my rib is tender.

I am just trying to hard not to google and convince myself I have lung cancer or a blood clot

Please somebody shake me!!!

kirstynic
29-02-12, 17:07
You do not have lung cancer, my dad was diagnosed yesterday and his symptoms are very different from yours. More likely anxiety and tension is causing your pain I get this too x

Hck80
29-02-12, 17:09
Hi, I am so sorry about your dad. Makes you put things intoPerspective doesn't it : (
Thank you for replying x

pearl79
29-02-12, 17:13
it often takes reality to shock us out of out anxieties.... but i find its never for long... im sure your fine hck... and really sorry about your dad kirsty hope tomorrow is kind on you xxx

Breezay
29-02-12, 17:18
If the antacids aren't helping, then try Gaviscon, it stops acid and food from being regurgitated into your throat - which is what is causing this pain.

You are ok.

Sabre
29-02-12, 17:19
I belch alot and have left side chest pains, i currently take ranitidine doesnt seem to help much tho lol, my GP once said when we are anxious we swallow air without knowing we are doing it and that can cause excessive belching, so my she is right :shrug:. Also i had a chest x ray as my ribs on the left where very sore but for weeks and they said my muscle betweens the ribs was inflammed i got some anti inflammation tablets and they helped, also prob didnt help myself because when they were sore i would start poking at them lol.
Doesnt sound out to serious to me, but i would defo mention the episode about on your bike to your GP, doesnt sound to alarming if the pain quickly sub-sided and you still carried on cycling but defo worth a mention.