PDA

View Full Version : Getting there

jazzy14
29-02-12, 18:01
Hey, everyone!

I haven't posted in a little while, probably because my anxiety and OCD seem to be getting a little bit better. It's a slow but sure process. I've been accepting my thoughts, and they are getting easier and easier to deal with. Since I currently have harm OCD, I still have the thought in the back of my head about "what if I accept these thoughts and turn into a serial killer or something?". It's ridiculous, I know, but that is still like my number one fear. Harming others or myself. I realize now that the reason I'm so scared of these thoughts is because my heart and spirit are the EXACT opposite. When I accept these thoughts as just being 'thoughts', they seem to occur less frequently. That's good I guess!

I'm also stopping my trazadone and trying to sleep on my own. This is a hurdle that I am DETERMINED to beat. The past few nights haven't been very fun, but I'm going to be patient. If anyone has any advice or encouragement, I would appreciate it! :)

mimijr
29-02-12, 18:10
Hi there :)

i have similiar ocd/anxiety thoughts. the biggest ones being hurting others as well as myself. its scary to not be able to control your thoughts, makes you feel like you cant control your actions. do you have any advice on how it became easier for you to accept these thoughts as just thoughts?
sometimes i meditate but when im in the moment or in a public place and have these ocd thoughts i get genuinely scared of what might happen..

thanks and great to see your getting there <3