PDA

View Full Version : New guy on the block

Mountainclimber
29-02-12, 19:12
Hello everyone, I had my first panic attack a year ago and ended up in A@ E. what made it worse was im a paramedic, and was taken to my local hospital. After an ecg and stress test i found out that i get PVCs, although they are harmless, i still worried about them . I am no longer a paramedic, and have spent the past year living on my nerves, For two months i had panic attacks at least five a day, sometimes lasting all day. I am now on the road to recovery, its hard but am getting there, without drugs. Its all about positive thinking and not giving in to my ego. I try not to think of the past, as thats gone, and my future is in my hands. I can let this denom control me, or just get on with life, i choose to get on with my life as hard as the panic attacks come. I tell myself they are harmless, and wont hurt me, even though they are uncomfortable.
Its a rocky boat were all in, but calm seas are ahead for us ,we just have to let the storm pass. Good luck all, and may your God be with you:bighug1:

nomorepanic
29-02-12, 19:13
Hi paddybrann

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

paula lynne
29-02-12, 19:17
Hi Paddy? Welcome to the forum, glad youre with us...stick around x Youre not alone xxx:welcome:Panic is scary, but you can overcome it, and feel "normal" again, use your brain, its the most powerful weapon against anxiety you have x
Paula x

ShazyA
29-02-12, 19:26
Hey Paddy I am also new here. I will admit when I first read you were a paramedic I was slightly taken aback, its human nature to see medics as invincible and the people we depend on in our time of need. But in reality you're just human like the rest of us. I hope your road to recovery continues.

Pipkin
01-03-12, 09:04
Hi Paddy and a warm :welcome:

Pip