PDA

View Full Version : Sickness and upset tummy in the mornings?!?

frenchbean
29-02-12, 20:16
For months now I've been waking up between 5-6am feeling really really nauseous and having an upset stomach. It's worse on days when I have to work or when my hubby is away so I know it's somewhat linked to anxiety at the very least. It's SO getting me down - it's debilitating.

Does anyone else experience this symptom and if so has anything helped?

Getting so sick and tired (literally, lol!) of it. :weep:

TIA - Bean.

Mountainclimber
29-02-12, 20:28
Hi Frenchbean, have you changed your diet or times of having your last meal. this can sometimes effect the bowl movement. Good luck:bighug1:

Recsense
01-03-12, 21:04
Or could it be medication?

erin31
02-03-12, 16:26
Hi Bean. I awake every morning with a stomach upset and what I can only describe as morning sickness. Its usually about 1pm before I can face food which doesn't help as by then I am also feeling sick with hunger.
I have used travel sickness tablets to help with severe nausea in the past but don't use them at the moment as it would mean taking them every morning.
Sorry I can't be of more help. xx

nicola1980
02-03-12, 16:34
I have it every morning, i retch and gag and sometimes actually vomit, it really gets me down i can go to bed cajm yet still wake up the same :mad: x x

erin31
02-03-12, 16:46
Hi Nicola. I am just the same in that I feel much calmer in the evening yet I awake each morning with severe anxiety. It is like a kick in the stomach and wakes me suddenly even if I am having a nice dream. Other times I am aware of the anxiety before I actually awake. It really is a curse :weep:

nicola1980
02-03-12, 17:54
I actually dread going to bed :mad: x x

Kendra
02-03-12, 18:12
Hi,

Yeah that happens to me too. Its like wake up in a panic and then in starts! Coming from both end (sorry)!! Its horrible. Just started cit and the nausea is even worse but I know it will pass ....... Hopefully!!

It is the anxiety. I HATE it!!!

Take care

Kendra x

erin31
02-03-12, 19:35
Quote 'I actually dread going to bed :mad: x x '

Nicola I think that is really sad. The only respite I ever get from anxiety is when I am asleep and I long for it. It only last's for a few hours before the anxiety wakes me but those few hours are for me bliss. I would hate to think I didn't have the few hours to look forward to each night. :hugs:

nicola1980
02-03-12, 19:49
I pray everynight ill wake up and the retching gone but nope i still end up with my head down the loo or in the sink if i cant get to the bathroom in time :-( its so hard trying to hide it from my 11 yr old especially when packed lunches need to be done etc, like now i feel calm and relaxed but wham as soon as i open my eyes thats it :-( its so disheartning x x

morning_blues
02-03-12, 20:01
yes classic anxiety! god I don't miss that...wide awake before dawn hovering over the toilet. Finally stopped after 8 weeks on cit. Am now trying to claw back the 1.5 stone i lost during 4 months of it. If you're not keen on medication could you try therapy?

frenchbean
06-03-12, 18:25
Thanks SO much for your replies:hugs:It means a great deal to me to know I'm not alone with this. I have honestly thought there is something very wrong - but knowing it's a fairly typical symptom is helpful.

I'm sorry we're all going thru this. I also feel calm and good about going to bed but yes, the anticipation of waking up feeling so sick is putting me off going to sleep at all!

Thanks again. x

lisad1977
10-03-12, 21:03
i have this every morning wake up feeling or being sick sore belly ivlost alot of weight. form 10stone 5 to 9stone 6 in 3 wks i hate it every day is the same.

No Angel
11-03-12, 00:21
I have experienced this every morning for the last too weeks and at pretty much the same time as well! Work days are the worse and I struggle to eat before I have to leave, so end up nibbling through out the day when I feel weak and need food. The downside of my job is I deliver cooking courses, I love it and food, but now with anxiety I cant bare eating and being surrounded by the smells everyday is a nightmare when all I want to do is vomit. The only thing I found to help is using the breathing to keep calm, forcing myself to eat small amounts, and actually sucking a mint or chewing gum - stops my mouth going dry, seems to help stomach and can make me a bit hungry.

lisad1977
11-03-12, 14:59
im so glad im not the only one

Annip
11-03-12, 15:40
Hi all. I found taking pepto-bismol helped with the sickness. For a while I took it just before I took my tablets cos I couln't eat. This does get better but strangely mornings are much more difficult.. Anyway hope this helps. xx

bonanne
11-03-12, 15:43
I am exactly the same - 5am every morning and wake up in a sheer panic - waiting for it to stop - been nearly a month now - on lustral - should have worked by now

Kendra
11-03-12, 15:54
Hi guy,

I am the same. 5am every morning wake up tinglely have to rush to toilet and the retching sometimes being sick.

This is the first day where I haven't retch this morning. Still went to toilet but because I needed to not because of the panic. It horrible but I am hoping it will ease off now!! I'm day 11 of CIT!

I just want a proper lie in and to wake up not feeling like its doomsday all over again!! x x

koalalou
13-03-12, 19:32
I have emetophobia (fear of vomit) and I am right now feeling sick and hot,then cold,shaking.Never know if it's anxiety or a real bug.I was ok,put my daughter to bed,feel tired as havn't ate since morning,dinner in oven,ate some crisps and could feel the nausea feeling,guess it's anxiety as I'm quite stressed at the moment but my dinner is in the bin.So in the morning I will be weak and feeling ill.Yes 5-6am I wake and my anxiety starts.I try to ignore it and keep busy when my daughter gets me up.Not much help for you but you're not alone.

Ranbunctious
08-06-13, 17:00
I've been dealing with this for 50 years. Yes, mornings are the worst. I finally just have my gagging and retching 'fit' in the morning alone and simply get it over with. I finally realized I actually wasn't sick. Once I have my fit, the sick sensation subsides and I can get on with my day. I found that if I didn't eat after 7pm and don't eat breakfast for a couple of hours, I'm much better off. Antihistamines the night before help too.

Regina
08-06-13, 17:17
It happens to me too. Not every day, but when I get really out of control anxious I do get nausea and for a while there it was very much like morning sickness. Mint tea sometimes helps, (and mentos were a godsend when I was pregnant for nausea) but it's definitely anxiety related. It really wreaks havoc with the stomach. I hope it eases up for you :(
~Regina x