PDA

View Full Version : what will happen

mili
23-06-06, 18:13
what will happen if i stop taking all the medications i am on 1x2mg diazepam a day.
1x4times a day .propranal10mg.
1x10mg escitalopam.

because i am feeling mostly rubbish all day .wound up inside like i could explode but cant.feeling constantly like i want to cry but that wont come either.on edge ,scarry feelings wonder if its the mixture of tablets or if i am taking them at the wrong time of day.cant stand to be alone in the house

l.m.bell

tara
23-06-06, 18:37
Hi, I was taking exactly the same medications as you all at th same time.
Mine were propanonol 40mg 3x a day.
Diazipam 5mg 3x a day.
Citalopram 10mg 1 times a day.

I firstly cut down on the most addictive which was the diazipam. This took me a month.
Then I slowly cut down on the citalopram which took a few months.
Then I cut the propanonol down to when I needed them which is usually once a day.
I think the secret is to do it slowly.
Hope this helps .. Tara xx

darkangel
23-06-06, 20:05
hi mili

i agree with tara - reduction needs to be done gradual especially with the diazapam - talk it over with your doctor to agree on a withdrawal plan

darkangel xx

........life is for living not just for surviving

PUGLETMUM
23-06-06, 20:48
hi mili, you must go straight to your docs asap to stop your meds you must not just start cutting them down yourself!! also how long you been on them and did you go on them all together etc. it may be one of them does'nt suit or something like that, plus also in my experience when i was crazy ill with anxiety in the past these tabs made me worse except the prozac and propranolol did work for two years but valium does'nt do much just relax muscles does,nt do anything to calm the thoughts, hope this helps emmas what is escitalopam?

mili
24-06-06, 11:11
they are known as citalopram

l.m.bell