PDA

View Full Version : When your anxious do you speak fast and not realise what you are saying

katie23
29-02-12, 21:50
When I'm really really anxious I don't realise what I am saying because I am in a blind panic I just say what comes in my head!! And I get really aggitated and panicy its awful...

haz
29-02-12, 21:52
I ramble on and on, repeating myself. I know I'm doing it but just can't seem to stop!:blush:

bignik
29-02-12, 21:53
yes Im same , it just comes out or I lose the thinking behind the words , often my wife looks at me and says sit down and explains things to me or tries to draw out of me what Im saying and why etc ... it makes me feel as if Im going mad a little at times

katie23
29-02-12, 21:56
Glad to see others are the same I tell people things that I wouldnt if I wasnt anxious it panics me more cos I'm like why am I doing this? x

vicky23
01-03-12, 10:08
I don't ramble because when I'm feeling anxious I go very quiet just to focus on my breathing and coping statements but sometimes when I'm feeling quite happy just a little anxious and jittery I say things in the wrong context which can be embarrassing but also quite funny to look back on I guess.
For example, I was in a chiropracters waiting room and they called my name just to go through to the treatment room but I said 'yes' quite loudly as if I was answering a register.
At other times I've gotten the words thank you and hello mixed up, shouting hello at waitresses after they took an order

robinbrum
01-03-12, 11:56
Yep, words come out independently of my brain forming them and I can hear myself saying things like I'm listening to somebody else speaking, that's the worst of it...

ShazyA
01-03-12, 12:27
Yes i speak rapidly and muddl my words can be embarrassing, you are not alone.