PDA

View Full Version : i need someone to talk to

nstama
29-02-12, 23:00
There is so much to say, you know those things that build up inside your head but you've never said them out loud so it's hard to find the right words?

I am 19 years old and sometimes I feel like I am, and that is a good feeling. But then there are the other times where I not only feel like my life is over but sometimes it's like I'm not even here. I have suffered through all of the physical symptoms of panic/anxiety over and over and have done all the research and the tests and I know it's part of who I am now. I don't even remember what it feels like to have the weight of panic off of my shoulders and to be a normal teenager. Sometimes I just look at people at my school or just anywhere and I feel jealousy because I miss feeling okay. Some days are better than others. I can kind of control the way I feel and revert back to my version of "normal". But then there are the days like today where I am just so sad. I am sad and helpless because I don't think this is fair and I want so badly someone to talk to who understands. I have amazing friends and family and they feel for me, I know they do but they can't understand how bad it is. How sometimes my body is an empty shell and I don't know where the rest of me has gone and I can be sitting there but really I am not there at all and that scares me so much. Or when a sudden wave comes over me and I feel like I can't breath. And these things give no warning. I can't sleep at night, and then I'm so tired during the day so my anxiety is worse. I have heart pains that I shouldn't have because I am 19 ****ing years old. I just want it to stop. I wish for that every single day.

I just want somebody to talk to who really knows what I am talking about because I feel so alone here.
I really hope that all of you are doing well, or just trying your damn best to do well because that's all we can do. I am willing to talk to anybody because we all need support here
best of luck, really.

yvonne_uk_98
01-03-12, 00:19
Hi Nstama,

So sorry your feeling like this, sounds to me its panic and anxiety out of control. are you on any medication for it. do you have relaxation cd? the bit about the feeling that you are not there, I dont know how to help you there, someone will be able to help you with that, sorry I cant help you with that part.

I can understand the panic and anxiety. that need to do something else to help taking your mind off things.

Yvonne

Rach29
01-03-12, 09:26
hii understand how you feel panic and anxiety ruling your life looking at others and wishing i was like them normal again its horrible isnt it i know i can talk to my family and partner but they really dont understand which is why im so glad i found this sight i thought i was the only one like this and the feeling like you cant breatth i get that alot worst part for me that you just have to keep strong and keep busy to distract yourself thats what i do just dont give up it can be beaten i have once so i know its possible hope your ok x

nstama
03-03-12, 05:01
thank you so much for your replies.
it really makes all the difference knowing you're not alone, although i wouldn't wish this upon anybody.
i just hope that sometime we can all beat this and be normal again, i wish for that everyday.
i hope everyone is doing well.
xx

JoJoR
03-03-12, 16:43
I understand what you mean... I have anxiety and panic attacks and depression and have had it since I was 18 on and off... I'm now 36!... I have periods where I get on top of it and feel in control but I've never gotten rid of it completely unfortunately. Don't feel sad about this...everyone is different and to be honest I have many, many stress trigger in my life. I know that feeling....like you aren't really here... it like you are watching your life happening on tv or dreaming it all.... Is that how you feel. As I type this I feel this way. Its your bodies way of calming you down I think.. it makes your brain think its not really happening to you...even if you feel ok and not very stressed it happens. I don't get chest pains but I do get tingling in my fingers, palpatations and feel like I can't breathe properly. I hope you feel better soon and I hope that you find comfort in the fact that you aren't alone and we are all normal...in our different kind of way....:)