PDA

View Full Version : Red face

MissSunshine
29-02-12, 23:01
My face has been very sensitive recently.
Like right now. I was just watching TV all of a sudden my right cheek felt really hot, and I look in the mirror and its bright red.

Its been happening quite a lot and on random places on my face.
I dont use any face washes anymore just in case it sets it off.

even baby wipes irritate it, now I'm scared something serious is up! :(

ive put sudocrem on the cheek to calm it down as its on fire :weep:

Rach29
01-03-12, 09:37
i sometimes get that if im feeling anxious my cheeks can feel really hot and they will be quite red it goes after a while so its defo anxiety x

Breezay
01-03-12, 09:52
:( Sounds like it could be eczema. I have it on my hands, but have sensitive skin everywhere else! I have to be so careful about what products I use. A couple of years ago, I got some lovely bath smellies for Xmas from my Hubby. Without thinking, I hopped into a bath full of bubbles.. Only to come out in a rash several minutes later! Whoops!

I think a trip to your GP is in order, he will be able to prescribe you something to bring down the redness. I have to make this trip at least once a year for my hands. It should really help xx

avasnana
01-03-12, 10:00
Hi Miss Sunshine,

I have started with this recently as well, I just feel like my face is burning. The doc told me to use E45, i got the itch relieve one and it seems to work.

You could speak to your pharmacist see what they say.

Have you started using any new products or taking new meds?

Danii
01-03-12, 23:34
I get this too, my cheeks almost look purple when it happens. My dr said it could be just the blood vessels in my face dialating and more blood getting to that area.

Everytime it happens to me I think its because my blood pressure shoots through the roof. lol. Ugh anxiety!

miss_moose
02-03-12, 10:52
Hello, I've just replied to a question like this on someone elses post (About Over active Thyroids).
My symptons are the exact same as yours, I thought it may be because I have an under active thyroid but the doctor checked my bloods and they came back normal (So my meds were at the right dose), it's been going on for about 2 years now.
When it happens I have to put something cold on my face and open the windows, even though the rest of me is cold.

Does yours happen around the same time? Mine is usually in the evenings. xx

MissSunshine
02-03-12, 14:52
Thank you for your advice everyone, I purchased a small tube of e45 cream il see how it goes!

---------- Post added at 14:52 ---------- Previous post was at 14:52 ----------

Hello, I've just replied to a question like this on someone elses post (About Over active Thyroids).
My symptons are the exact same as yours, I thought it may be because I have an under active thyroid but the doctor checked my bloods and they came back normal (So my meds were at the right dose), it's been going on for about 2 years now.
When it happens I have to put something cold on my face and open the windows, even though the rest of me is cold.

Does yours happen around the same time? Mine is usually in the evenings. xx

Hiya! I have to do the same open up all the windows and yes! only happens at night!

Xx