PDA

View Full Version : slow heart rate? scared!!

lindajane1971
29-02-12, 23:26
hi all,
I'm feeling weird and I don't like it :(
when walking around I feel like I'm walking like I'm swaying about like I've had a drink, but I am mostly worried about my heart rate!!! it's normally 80-100 and just over 100 if I'm anxious but the last two days it's been 60-65 and I'm scared that it's going to stop. :-(
I've just came upstairs and it's still at 60 and it should b faster if I've done any exertion shouldn't it? it normally does when I climb stairs.

why???

nomorepanic
29-02-12, 23:38
If this is not normal for you and you are worried you should see your doctor.

We do not know your medical history etc so it would not be wise for us to advise on this to be honest.

lindajane1971
29-02-12, 23:43
too scared to sleep now :(

macc noodle
29-02-12, 23:46
Hey LJ, sorry to hear you are feeling rough

Just wanted to say that yes you should seek medical advice if you are worried but also wanted to say when I am suffering HA and focussed on aspects of my bodily being I can get low pulse rate readings just as easily as high ones - all just part of my body's response to anxiety.

Take care and get some medical advice if you are worried.

Macc N
xx

lindajane1971
29-02-12, 23:52
I would like some medical advice right now!

nomorepanic
29-02-12, 23:54
How can we give you that though LJ?

I would go to bed and see how you are tomorrow to be honest.

lindajane1971
29-02-12, 23:58
I know thee are no doctors on here, it's jut I'm panicking about it afraid it will just slow down to nothing

nomorepanic
01-03-12, 00:07
I doubt it very very much to be honest.

Are you sure it has never been this low before?

nomorepanic
01-03-12, 00:08
Also you said the "last 2 days" so if anything was going to happen it would have by now.

The Normal Range - Actually, when we talk about a healthy heart rate for a human, we're talking about a range, extending from 60 to 100 beats per minute. Most of us are going to fall well within this range. When we are at rest, out heart rate is apt to be in the range from 60 to 80, and when we are active, the rate will very likely be between 80 and 100. If you fall outside of this range in either direction, it doesn't necessarily mean anything is wrong. A long distance runner or biker may have a resting rate of 50, or even lower. Their heart has become so strong that it can pump the needed amount of blood at a much lower rate. And, when you exercise vigorously, your own heart rate may well sneak up above 100 beats per minute. That also, is perfectly normal. But a constant heart rate outside of the 60-100 range could be an indicator that a problem exists. In general, if you are physically very fit, and have a healthy heart, you could expect your heart rate to fall as low as 50 when resting, and rise to well over 100 during hard exercise, with no damage or ill effects. There are several definitions of heart rate you should know about beyond the terms normal heart rate or healthy heart rate. We'll cover what is meant by a resting heart rate, a target heart rate, the maximum heart rate, recovery heart rate, and then get in to what constitutes a dangerous heart rate.

lindajane1971
23-06-12, 19:48
Im still having anxiety about this, my pulse is still sitting around the 60 mark and yesterday it was 54 at one point. The doc said 60 was ok, but of course im not 100% happy with that as its always been around 70/80 for as long as i can remember.
I wouldnt say i was healthy either, i know athletes can have their pulse as low at 50, but im no athlete!!! Im very overweight, but my cholesterol is ok and im not diabetic.

Estellenoire
23-06-12, 23:40
Try and see if you can see a doctor tomorrow. It won't just slow down to nothing. Right now mine is 51 and I'm no athlete.

lindajane1971
24-06-12, 01:10
tomorrow is Sunday so I won't get to see one, while at the doc earlier this week it was racing at 120 and she gave me a ECG. I'm very very frightened rigt now!
it's very slow right now like yours I'm scared up go to sleep :(

---------- Post added at 01:10 ---------- Previous post was at 00:36 ----------

panic mode well entered now :(

lindajane1971
24-06-12, 15:55
today my pulse has been consistantly 50-60 :( so afraid it will just stop!!!!

nomorepanic
24-06-12, 17:22
Do you have any other problems ?

If the person experiences fatigue, weakness and dizziness, then the low pulse rate is not a good thing to have

nomorepanic
24-06-12, 17:24
This is quite informative:
http://www.squidoo.com/Bradycardia

lindajane1971
24-06-12, 19:46
Do you have any other problems ?

If the person experiences fatigue, weakness and dizziness, then the low pulse rate is not a good thing to have

not really, ive not been feeling overtired, do have weak legs now and again but usually when im anxous, dizziness i do have problems with and have been feeling "lightheaded" since my anxiety began back in 2008

its driving me nuts, im checking it all the time, sometimes every few minutes!!!

Janina87
24-06-12, 23:39
if your so scared that you dont feel well i myself would get myself off to a and e and get checked out my heart rate it 50 and sometimes even lower because i take a beat blocke are you on any megab lately that might have slowed your heart down?

---------- Post added at 23:39 ---------- Previous post was at 23:38 ----------

ment medication

lee1923
24-06-12, 23:43
YOU ARE NOT GOING TO DIE! you could just have a little fever love.

---------- Post added at 23:43 ---------- Previous post was at 23:42 ----------

oooooh i love my beta blockers lol

Meewah
24-06-12, 23:48
60 -65 is really good i wish mine was that. Mine is 75 -85 amd I am up and about.

Mee

lindajane1971
28-06-12, 22:34
i couldnt stand it any longer as i was starting to obsess on my pulse and was taking it every five minutes!! Even though logically i knew i was probably ok, the anxiety will always win the argument and so i went back to the doctor.
He took my pulse, listened to my heart and took my bp and all was of course normal (awkward lol) im so lucky that the GP's here are so very understanding, patient and do not fob me off :)
I said that it was in the 50-60 range when i was just sitting or in bed and he said that was in the normal range, i did say that as i was unhealthy i doubted i had the fit heart of an athlete so didnt think it was ok to be so slow and he said that it wasnt only athletes who could have a normal slow pulse and as my pulse was regular and my heart sounded normal when he listened to it then it was indeed normal and it was in good health.
im so very relieved!! And so far tonight have not checked it.........yet!!! fingers crossed i can keep it up :)
thanks to all who replied and gave me some much needed support xxx

xvolatileheart
02-07-12, 23:23
Mine is often in the 50s when I'm sitting/lying down and I do moderate exercise, but I'm no athlete! It's reassuring to hear your doctor said it's all fine. :)

spacebunnyx
03-07-12, 19:43
Hi,

60 is a nice and normal heart rate. Mine is generally just below that when I'm resting and when I had an ECG it was 49!!! a low heart rate is not significant in itself.

J

lindajane1971
03-07-12, 23:21
thanks for all your support and help :)
i have been a good girl and have only been checking my pulse a few times a day instead of every few minutes since i seen the doc last week, im still a bit concerned but not in panic mode with it anymore, phew!
however - my anxiety is up again as today my uncle has again been taken to hospital after collapsing with chest pain, he had 2 heart attacks the end of may and had a stint put in. he got out and seemed to be slowly recovering, however ive now found out he has been depressed, drinking and missing taking his pills!!!!!!
It never ends!!!!

kimkitson77
03-07-12, 23:46
my heart rate has been slow the last day! and slow bp! my pulse has been around 64 all day!! usually alot higher! however im on betablockers for a condition called pots! and i do have my period!! i dont no! if it doesnt get any better il ring doc!

Jsp
04-07-12, 01:26
I rate around 60-80 is perfect, so it's nothing to worry about at all :) even a little under that is normal as long as nothing is wrong with your heart. The fact your doctor also gave you the all clear means that you are completely fine! My heart rate is often around the 60's among with many other people.

And try not to monitor your heart rate as much. Its good to hear that you've cut it down a lot but this is still obsessive behaviour, which will feed your anxiety. I used to do the same but with my blood pressure and it would always put me into panic mode!

I'm sorry to hear about your uncle, I hope he's recovering fine!

Kimkitson77, beta blockers will also reduce your heart rate, and the fact your heat beat is still in the normal range while taking them means you're in great condition. When I took a low dose of propranolol before I could hardly feel my heart beating at all :( but my doctor still was not concerned with this as the drugs main goal is to lower pulse rate and blood pressure.

lindajane1971
10-07-12, 22:13
Hi JSP, my anxiety head is still creeping in now and again telling me to check my pulse!!!! Ive done this for years to be honest, and normally it actually reassures me to see that its regular and in rhythm, im trying to tell myself that its a good thing that its around 60 as its a good sign but like i said my anxiety head always manages to win the argument and take over!!!
Im getting the holter monitor fitted tomorrow for a 24 hour period, ive had one before so im not worried about getting it but i am of course worried about what the results will show.
thanks for the support guys xx