PDA

View Full Version : Panic In Stores???

Day-V Anne
01-03-12, 01:55
I have been having this problem for as long as I can remember. I get panic attacks in large stores. The big open spaces where the floors are all white are by far the worst. I feel like I am going to get swallowed by the sea of white floor. I hate it!!! Does anyone else freak out like me??? Please tell me someone does. :)

Thanks!!
Davee :yesyes:

nomorepanic
01-03-12, 02:06
Hi Day-V Anne

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Pipkin
01-03-12, 09:01
Hi there and :welcome:

I'm sure a lot of people on here share your anxiety and will be happy to support you.

Take care

Pip x

Carys
01-03-12, 09:17
Hiyer, welcome. There is another thread, not long before you posted this one.....about supermarkets and how awful people feel in them and the panics they have. I just thought if you did a search for it (sorry can't find it right now), then you might get some comfort from knowing that others feel similarly to you ?

Actually, I've found it.....

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=110904&highlight=supermarkets

robinbrum
01-03-12, 09:30
I have been having this problem for as long as I can remember. I get panic attacks in large stores. The big open spaces where the floors are all white are by far the worst. I feel like I am going to get swallowed by the sea of white floor. I hate it!!! Does anyone else freak out like me??? Please tell me someone does. :)

Thanks!!
Davee :yesyes:

YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!! There was a good post about this just the other day, will try and find it...

I hate the lighting in superrmarkets, it is so unnaturally bright...I wish it were more subdued.

I also hate stores when they are really crowded so if I can I shop in 24 hour supermarkets, usually at about 3 AM when I practically have the store to myself. I guess that doesn't conquer the fear of wide, open spaces but for me the fear of crowds and claustrophobia is greater.

If shopping at 3 AM is avoidant behaviour I will live with that. How you can enjoy shopping and queuing for your overpriced goods I will never know...

---------- Post added at 09:30 ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 ----------

Hiyer, welcome. There is another thread, not long before you posted this one.....about supermarkets and how awful people feel in them and the panics they have. I just thought if you did a search for it (sorry can't find it right now), then you might get some comfort from knowing that others feel similarly to you ?

Actually, I've found it.....

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=110904&highlight=supermarkets

Well done Carys:yesyes:

ShazyA
01-03-12, 10:21
Hi.. you are not alone, I have to avoid our local shopping center (white tiled floor) unless my hubby holds my hand as I feel exactly like you.