PDA

View Full Version : My bladder troubles for 2011 :(

PinkRoxy
01-03-12, 07:08
Well last year mid year during the cold winter months I was working full time as a lifeguard at the local pools.

I had been there for four years previously since 2007. I liked it there and there was no stress I got to know the regular customers and the staff were kind of nice.

We were having problems with the recent manager though. Anyway last year around June or so during the winter months my bladder started playing up. I had no idea what was going on but I was going frequently then too frequently as the urgency got really bad and the cold air would trigger it off and make it sore. My bladder muscles became painful from contracting them too much it was like a sharp cramp inside my bladder. I was feeling worried and didnt know what to do about it.

My original GP had left at the end of June so I was reluctant in going to the doctors for a check up as I had put it off.

In August I think it was I finally went the clinic recommended me this new female doctor which I liked and she tested my wee and there was no infection and so she tried me on this pill called oxybutynin.

I tried the tablet and had awful side effects I couldnt take them it affected my work performance even more.

I was having warnings at work for leaving pool side to go to the toilet in an emergency even though I let the other staff know they just didnt come down to relieve me in time.

I was stressed out feeling depressed and just felt like everyone was against me. I wasnt having a good time at all. I was getting in trouble at work and also getting a huge doctors bill by going to the doctor so many times around about twice a month thats how regularly I was paying a visit.

Anyhow at the end of October work said that it wasnt working out for me and my health condition wasnt suitable for the job so I had to leave and they recommended a sickness benefit and so did my gp.

I went on the sickness benefit and had from November to February off work and not doing anything. Somedays I was alright and other days I went insane.

My bladder wasnt much better it was still playing up. I decided to take the oxybutynin regularly morning and night, I went through awful side effects and not much improvement on my bladder. I kept taking it and never gae up. After a couple of months the side effects were gone and my bladder improved. I was now like a normal person and didnt need to rush off to the toilet pretty much at all. I limited my fluids and I was very impressed. Never in my whol 26 years has my bladder ever been this good.

Before the oxy and pretty much most of my life I was getting up in the night to go to the toilet, if I didnt I was always desperate as soon as I woke in the mornings. I would drive my family insane on long road trips because I needed to stop for a toilet and I needed one when I needed one and I would stop regularly.

Now I never get up in the night to go, I can wake up in the morning and not even desperate to get up and go. I can go on a whole five hour car journey and not have to stop for a toilet break. If I feel the need to go its not urgent i can wait if I have to.

I came off the sickness benefit in February and am now doing an Early childhood course and getting some work in a childcare centre. Study link pays me and also I have a part time job.

I feel so much better for my bladder and I still take the oxybutynin morning and night but I am still pleased at what it has done for me.

---------- Post added at 20:08 ---------- Previous post was at 20:07 ----------

Sorry this is long lol I just thought I would share what can happen if you give something a chance.