PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

denb
07-05-04, 09:39
been looking at the site for a few days now and being new at this I am slowly learning how to make my way around the site (which is excellent by the way!). my panic problem began in my late teens early twenties but was not a major problem, the real problems started after the birth of my second daughter. I really thought I was going around the bend[V]. It really freaked me out as I had always been a really confident person so it was hard to suddenly have all these limitations. But after a really bad couple of years things have improved a great deal, even though there is still a way to go!! We will all get there in the end [B)], if a bit battered and bruised along the way. would love to hear from you all and hear about your situations and how u dealt/are dealing with it all. Den x x

Meg
07-05-04, 09:42
Hi den,

Good to have you on board . There are a few members who also had post kids issues.
Glad to hear you're well on the mend.

Any questions do ask and do check out the 'personal stories' on the home pages too

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone

april tones
07-05-04, 16:40
hi denb, welcome to site, i joined around month and half ago and its brilliant, a very good idea but alot of hard work goes into it i bet! well done all!! glad to hear your on mend, i am too. It is not nice being unwell, but it will take time like you said. I had depression and panic attacks before but it all came back during my pregnancy and after birth of my son jack, im alot better now thanks to support, meds,and this site, take care, love april

apriltones

denb
09-05-04, 11:37
quote:Originally posted by april tones

hi denb, welcome to site, i joined around month and half ago and its brilliant, a very good idea but alot of hard work goes into it i bet! well done all!! glad to hear your on mend, i am too. It is not nice being unwell, but it will take time like you said. I had depression and panic attacks before but it all came back during my pregnancy and after birth of my son jack, im alot better now thanks to support, meds,and this site, take care, love april

apriltones

Just found the site after suffering from panic attacks for quite a few years. The situation got worse after the birth of my daughter.Am I sane? well it was fantastic to see that other people have experienced similar things, so maybe I am!!

jonny
09-05-04, 13:29
quote:Originally posted by denb
.Am I sane?

A question everyone here repeatedly asks themselves.....i am sure that just by asking this question you are confirming that you actually are fully sane....The classic catch 22.

Jonny.

Laurie28
10-05-04, 12:01
den,

your story sounds similar to mine, panic attacks in teens (nothing major) and PND (mostly anxiety) after second child - i also thought i was 'going round the bend!)

I'm glad to hear things have improved for you but the only way is up eh!"!!

Let us know how you are getting on and if you need any help at all just shout!!!!

Love
Lucky

seh1980
21-05-04, 18:40
Hi Den,

Welcome to the site!! We are all in a similar position so no, you are definetly not alone!!
Sarah (seh1980)