PDA

View Full Version : Withdrawal Problems

maverick11
01-03-12, 10:57
Hello All,
Sorry been a while, but I am now back on Citalopram 40mg. Been back on it for about 3 weeks now. My head is feeling better and thinking better now, but I seem to have all these weird feelings in my legs, and stomach. I also have very sweaty hands, very anxious. Could this be due to sertraline withdrawal symptons, and my GP just swapped me over and did not taper me off. Please help as I feel like I am going mad.
Thanks
Pat

Hello All,
Sorry been a while, but I am now back on Citalopram 40mg. Been back on it for about 3 weeks now. My head is feeling better and thinking better now, but I seem to have all these weird feelings in my legs, and stomach. I also have very sweaty hands, very anxious. Could this be due to sertraline withdrawal symptons, and my GP just swapped me over and did not taper me off. Please help as I feel like I am going mad.
Thanks
Pat

Hello All,
Thanks
Pat

william wallace
03-03-12, 22:14
I just changed from Citalopram to Sertraline. They are both SSRI's so there shouldn't be too much problems changing. Citalopram is notorious for causing "restless legs" and increased anxiety and should wear off after a few weeks.
Regards, Gordon.

I just changed from Citalopram to Sertraline. They are both SSRI's so there shouldn't be too much problems changing. Citalopram is notorious for causing "restless legs" and increased anxiety and should wear off after a few weeks.
Regards, Gordon.

Regards, Gordon.

Pipkin
03-03-12, 22:23
:sign20:

I agree btw. It can take well over a month to settle into new meds. I'm on about week 4 of venlafaxine and still improving.

Pip :D

william wallace
03-03-12, 22:24

I agree btw. It can take well over a month to settle into new meds. I'm on about week 4 of venlafaxine and still improving.

:D

Pipkin
03-03-12, 22:28
Is there an echo in here?

maverick11
07-03-12, 13:52
Hello,
I started getting these feelings whilst on sertraline. Now back on a lower dose of citalopram, and my head is ok, but the weird stomach feeling, legs and twitching are starting to get to me. I am getting more chatty like I used to be, but I am thinking that all these feeling are down to the sertraline. Any ideas?
Regards
Pat

cathycrumble
07-03-12, 14:00
Sorry you feeling like this. I remember going on cit and I had the twitchyness and the sweaty palms and feet I am on sertraline now and getting it again. I am also having missed heart beats which I had on cit.

I am on day 13 of sirt but today is a bad day dead wierd and i feel sick I upped my dose to 100 on sat so I am on day 5 of increas. and it is odd because last thursday I felt like this and it was day 5 of starting them.

i am sure it is side effects you are getting.

why did you come off sirt?

cathy xx

maverick11
07-03-12, 15:19
Hello,
I could not cope with the side effects. Plus I used to be on citalopram 60mg and was fine until my shrink told me to stop, and he stopped it dead. I just want to get back to my old self. I have a picture of myself smiling on my fireplace, and thats what I want to get back to. I know I will, but im a very impatient person.
Regards
Pat

cathycrumble
07-03-12, 15:22
What was the side effects on sert?

Cathy xx

maverick11
07-03-12, 15:35
Tingly legs, RLS, increased anxiety, no appetite, sleep probs, and many others.
Regards
Pat

cathycrumble
07-03-12, 15:40
Yes they can be horrible can't they. I hope you are ok with the cit.

Good luck. xx

Cathy

maverick11
07-03-12, 15:44
Thank you.
Its been just over 4 weeks now, so heres hoping. It worked before. Just wish I had never taken sertraline now. I was OK before. If only there was a time machine LOL.
Regards
Patrick

cathycrumble
07-03-12, 15:57
I know I wouldnt have come off cit I did go back on them but just didnt work for me. I think I upped my doses too quick.

How long were you on sert for.

Cathy xx

maverick11
07-03-12, 16:15
I was on sert for 6 weeks. Not a very nice 6 weeks.
Regards
Pat

maverick11
11-03-12, 21:29
5 weeks on and im still getting withdrawal problems. Had to phone NHS direct as pain in legs and stomach is bad. Having blood tests on wednesday, had to go to GP with someone from mind as all my GPsays anxiety and I know its not. Just want these symptoms to go away. These symptons only started to happen when I started sertraline. Has anyone else had the same problems I have mentioned in previous posts. Please help as I think im going mad. Regards Pat