PDA

View Full Version : Newb. smells like a summer meadow!

Diszle
01-03-12, 11:40
Hi!
Just posting to say hi to everybody. I have been suffering with a Generalised Anxiety Disorder since I was about 19 years old (about 10 years) and have only recently been diagnosed I am currently in terapy and having one of worst episodes to date (off work its so bad and all the time I have had this I have never had time off work with it, several breakdowns but no time off work):yesyes:.

I have an amazingly supportive fiancee and was able to complete and extremely stessful degree a few years ago because of the support I have around me. from my amazing family and friends.
I have always tried to be honest about my condition since I have been diagnosed as before that I just assumed every body felt the same and I was somehow weaker than everybody else so I feel I owe it to my self to not suffer in silence any more. Work have been very understanding so far and hopefully that will continue.

Anyway enough of the essay. Would love to hear from some others so please say hello especially if you have a similar story!

Thanks!
Diszle.

nomorepanic
01-03-12, 11:43
Hi Diszle

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Diszle
01-03-12, 11:49
Thanks very much, thats what I was hoping for. :D

pinkdove
01-03-12, 11:52
:welcome: diszle to nmp, you are not alone here, you will get loads of support :)

Diszle
01-03-12, 12:19
Good, just discovered a support group near to me as well so will be going there! Things are looking up!

Pipkin
01-03-12, 18:06
Hi Diszle and :welcome:

Pip

bignik
01-03-12, 18:14
Hi and welcome to the forum , lots of useful posts and friendly people :)

Diszle
02-03-12, 12:24
Thanks for the nice welcome :)

---------- Post added at 12:24 ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 ----------

Thanks for the nice welcome :smile:

---------- Post added at 12:24 ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 ----------

Thanks for the nice welcome :smile:

little wren
02-03-12, 16:04
Hi diszle, I'm new too! I used to hide how I felt from everyone except my partner who's had to live through some bizarre ocd!!! I used to wonder why I found simple things difficult whilst everyone just got on with it. Welcome to the site x

Carys
02-03-12, 17:25
Hiyer, big welcome from me too. Can I just asked what does the 'smells like a summer meadow' mean ? :shrug:

Diszle
03-03-12, 10:27
Lol, I dont know I figured if I made my post slightly gifferent I'd get more replies! Mission accomplished. :shrug:

Carys
03-03-12, 10:28
Nice one ! :winks: