PDA

View Full Version : winning my battle with panic attacks?

Rach29
01-03-12, 18:05
Just thought id share with you all coz im quite pleased with myself actually, not having a good day a bad one unfortunatly and ive been feeling very anxious on and off well today ive had two big panic attacks which i havent had for a few weeks but as my heart was pounding nd my breathing was going all over the place i remembered some tips from this site so i thought no stop panicking think positive breath slowly and it will soon be over it went for the first time before it got out of control i actually controlled my panic attack instead of them controlling me :D

Mountainclimber
01-03-12, 18:09
Well done! now enjoy your evening, and treat yourself to something nice and relax, you done well :D

Rach29
01-03-12, 18:43
Thankyou murphys law i shall :D

pinkdove
01-03-12, 18:49
well done you, if you don't fear them, you will be able to control them. good luck xx

Rach29
01-03-12, 18:54
thanks pinkdove im hopin i get better at it x

RebeccaFrith
04-03-12, 20:23
What was the tips? x

Darrenb74
04-03-12, 20:30
Well done Rach :)

Rach29
05-03-12, 09:00
Thankyou Rebecca and Darren:)Rebecca i just tried to let it happen accept it but kept calm breath slow kept telling myself im fine it will be over in a bit and it went x

carefree68
05-03-12, 21:29
Well done. Its not easy, but you get better at it, float with it, ride the emotions think positive and breathe.:yahoo:

kittikat
05-03-12, 22:58
Great news Rach....you done all the right things :) Have you tried CBT, I found it really helpful for the PA's, now if I have one it still frightens me but I remember all the things they taught me and the actual 'panic' part is so much easier to deal with and subsides quite quickly. Anyway, seems like you are doing a really good job just from reading the posts on here so keep up the good work!!

Rach29
06-03-12, 11:24
thanks kittikat no i havent tried CBT ive always tried to help myself through them even tho its hard ive always thought to myself im the only one who can help me and get me out this cycle it sounds helpful tho x